sayoc kali seminar

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by mick shore, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Ahmedh

Ahmedh New Member

Hi,

i attended the sayoc seminar and enjoyed it very much. It was great to meet other sayoc practitioners.

There were some great stories told over the thai meal.

I look forward to the next one!

2. mick shore

mick shore Valued Member

LB, I agree with you 100% about free speech and dont mind critacisms ,but when people are unaware they are being discussed i have to defend them in their abscense because they are my freinds,does that mean people cant critisice them,no,but i wont keep my mouth shut and listen to gossip.Its far easier to listen and watch and say nothing,thankfully i cant do that. If youre up our way pop in im sure youll find it enlightening that is if you empty your cup and learn from first hand experience-mick

3. shootodog

shootodog restless native

ah yes freedom of speech. back here, you can say what you want, just be ready to back it up.

4. Dave Joyce

Dave Joyce Valued Member

Great post Pat and thank you for the generous comments.

LB, if I was offered the chance to take a class for free in something I was curious/interested in (and from this thread this would SEEM to be the case), I would travel the lenght and breath of Ireland, (hell, I travelled to Birmingham originally to experience Sayoc Kali) to avail of the opportunity rather than a vague, if I'm around that area I'll probley drop in:eek:. Finally, Mick is an excellent and accomplished instructor and it would definately be worth your while.

5. Lord Bathmat

Lord Bathmat Valued Member

Dave Joyce,

If I am in the area then i will gladly go and see Mick. But I wouldn't just go to Doncaster just to train in Sayoc. For in my opinion (I said it) the system I am currently training in and the system I plan to train in (in a few years time) I believe are perfect for me.

Regards

LB

6. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

So what do you train in at the moment and what are you going to train in in the future?

7. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

A Bath Robe!!! :rolleyes:

8. Lord Bathmat

<<So what do you train in at the moment and what are you going to train in in the future?>>

I will not say what I am currently training in as there is already a certain amount of bad blood between my organisation and a member on this board. ( This had absolutely nothing to do with me but I don't want to stoke the fire).

The system I am planning on studying in a few years time (after i have gained a reasonable amount of experience in my current system) is Krav Maga. This is because I believe it is extremely effective in a street situation for the average man.

LB

9. Peter Lewis

LB

No prizes for guessing which system you are currently training in!

If the so-called 'bad blood' has nothing to do with you, then be proud of your art and your instructor and tell the world! :)

(I've a sneaking feeling that I may know who you are...shhhhhhhh)

Peter

10. Lord Bathmat

Peter Lewis,

I am proud of my instructors and my art but as i have said i don't want to cause any issues.

LB

11. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Hehehehe Me too. I had an incling from his first post hence I returned to the forum :cool:

If my assumption is correct (and I am not say it is:)] I think you will find there is not bad blood between the two heads of the groups you are talking about, as a matter of fact they talk to each other on the phone quite often especially on one particular day of the year as they both share the same birthday. As a matter of fact they often talk about the antics and laugh and joke at the stupidity of the people who try to cause friction.

I think you will find the bad blood has been caused by and taken out of proportions by a couple (4 to be exact) of individuals lowerdown the ranks in the one group :eek: (two of which used to belong to the other group) But much to your surprise a couple of them where talking to me in great detail last weekend at the WEKAF European Championships as they wanted to build a few bridges. As a matter of fact the two heads of the so called warring groups often talk about the antics of this small group of individuals, laugh and joke at their stupidity.

But hey as long as those higher up the ladder know exactly what is going on then no problems as we all know how a small minority of students like to gossip, rumour spread and cause friction as they feel somehow it will score them browney points, but all it does is get the doors closed on themselves eventually eh!

As a matter of fact if you want to see how much bad blood there is between the two heads of the group, pop along the the WEKAF British Championships and watch them talking and joking with each other and watch the head of one group getting on with the majority of the members of the other group.

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  12. Lord Bathmat

Believe me Pat you don't know.

13. Pat OMalley

Not that I am saying I dont believe you :cool:

14. Peter Lewis

It's amazing that so much time can be wasted when some people hide behind a pseudonym. :woo: I think they should be banned on all forums. :ban:

15. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

So why all the cloak and dagger stuff then? If others in your organisation have a problem with another organisation then thats their problem and shouldn't reflect on you, unless you are one of the ones with the problem. From what I've read so far you don't give me much confidence in your motives and seem to be trolling, I may be wrong but you haven't given me much to change my mind.

16. Pat OMalley

Probably more a case of Bathrobe and Toilet Brush Stuff as opposed to Cloack and Dagger stuff? ;)

Well said that man, I like a man who does not have any flannel :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy: Be proud of who you are and where your from.

Respects

Pat

17. Peter Lewis

Maybe the Bathmat will throw in the Towel on this Soap and take up Tap Dancing. All that effort down the Drain without even Plugging his system! :rolleyes:

Regards

Peter

18. Lord Bathmat

Hi All,

i would love to take up Tap Dancing but unfortunately I can't dance.

LB

19. Pat OMalley

And the answer is.........

Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... Drip...... :whistleblower:

Shhhhhh! we know who you are

20. Lord Bathmat

I see you have a sense of humour Pat.

Who am I then?