San Shou Anyone?

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Korpy, Feb 7, 2007.

1. bigreddog

bigreddog Valued Member

2006 Nationals are the last on the website

U60, U65, U85 - 2 competitiors in each
    U70, +90 - 3 competitors each
    U75, U80 - 4 competitors each
    U90 - none listed

16 fighters is the total pool competing for the official british sanshou organisation? That is a shameful effort.

Because the BCCMA have the IWUF sanction, they have, imho, a duty to promote the sport to the widest possible audience. If they don't want to, that's fine, but they should step aside.

2. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Question to those who have competed.

Was it hard to transition from punching, kicking, and throwing in one match?

3. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Nope, the only hard part was stepping up the stamina, otherwise it was the way we spar anyway, apart from the 5 second clinch.

4. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

16 is poor!

they don't, they have a duty to grow the BCCMA. What should happen is that enough people in the UK petition the world governing body to take sanshou away from the BCCMA into either independence or into a kick boxing org, as happened in the USA.

The other thing about the BCCMA is that its small enough to get elected onto the council quite easily, and make changed but no one ever bothers!

5. bigreddog

bigreddog Valued Member

Adding throws was difficult, because they weren't part of normal sparring. (I'd usually want to clinch and knee instead, but that was against the rules)

6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

lol been there :D got the medal. My first fight in 2000 I lost all my fights and got a medal, because the lack of attendance under 75kg - might have seen you fight even waiting for mine :D

1 year I did really well and won a few fights but because there was a massive attendance I got the same medal as my first fight. :(

the only problem had moving to this ruleset was being pushed outside the matted area, I think you get 2 or 3 points (can't remember) and twice in 1 round you lose the round 3 times in a match you lose, so sometimes it becomes a sumo match.

the throwing and clinch transition was easy to pick up, I would have prefered a longer clinch time though.

7. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I just wanna say that I am getting mighty good at the flying scissor takedown. =) :D