SAMBO Forum?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Punchy, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Punchy

Punchy Purely Practical

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask such a question - maybe one of the administrators can provide guidance. Here goes:

Is there a MAP forum for SAMBO or is it included in one of the other forums?

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

There isn't a specific Sambo forum at the moment, however if you think there could be enough interest to justify it, then please feel free to start some threads in the "Other Styles" forum and start the title with [Sambo] to make it easy to find.

If enough people seem interested, I can lift those threads out of the Other section and drop them into their new home.

Always happy to identify new areas of interest. :)

3. roninmaster

roninmaster be like water

I'd love a sambo forum. I could learn more about the art.

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

It would be cool. I've always wanted to do SAMBO.

5. hardball

hardball Valued Member

Sambo forum support

Yea, it would be nice to know what the Sambo crowd is up to. A sambo instructor once described Sambo to me as 75% kodokan judo and 25% leg locks. I'd be interested in the 25% leg lock portion.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I trained in Sambo briefly while I was with Gintas Bukauwskas, I think a Sambo forum would be good if we had enough MAP members training in it.

7. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

been doing sambo on and off for as long as iv been doing Martial arts with instructor Vadim Kolganov, world class grappler and now lucky for me is taking a weekly sambo class in a near by graice barra gym so I am getting to attend his classes and learn the art more regularly. The first MMA gym I trained at was run by one of his pupils so the grappling was very sambo based as well. I support a sambo forum but other than myself and kurtka jerker do any other members train in it even semi regularly ?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  8. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

we have had a few very good threads on leg locks recently hardball.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107888

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102295&highlight=achilles+lock

there worth reading lots of great information.

9. hardball

hardball Valued Member