s Factor

Discussion in 'MMA' started by tengu, Feb 11, 2005.

1. tengu

tengu Capoeirista "Paparazzi"

Is anyone competeing in the "S" factor tournament on the 27th Feb down in Essex? I'll be down there with the Keysi Pride team from boston Lincs!
    1St tournament, so getting a bit hyped!

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Essex, eh? Whereabouts and what type of tournament is it? I won't be competing, but if it's open to the public and I can get there, I may come along to watch

3. tengu

I'm fighting in the open combat section, there's continuous as well, as for the location you can get it from the BNMA by folowing the link from the "links" section of my club's website www.pride-uk.com.

Open combat is choke/strangle/submisson,striking to the body/arms, no contact to head or legs. Used to training/fighting under Vale tudo rules, so I'm finding the 90% pure grappling hard to adapt to!

I'll ask my trainer as well for the location, although I think you can get a map off the BNMA's website, if you go look for 5 guys in black with "fight team" on our backs, I'll be the one wearing glasses.

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

A few guys I train with fight in Open combat events; they seem like really good compititions to a player started in MMA compititions.

5. tengu

I certainly hope so, I'm doing this to gain a little experience, not just in fighting, but in the pre-fight nerves as well!