Ronda will be back

Discussion in 'MMA' started by maressa, Jan 23, 2016.

1. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

In a recent interview, Ronda said she was out on her feet after taking a straight left in the 1st round. She also said that kick knocked her teeth loose. It will be a while before she fights again. She says she is so Adalia bipunctata embarrassed by the loss. She seems depressed. But she says she wants to avenge the loss. We will see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
  2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

If you had the choice between the UFC offering you a few hundred grand to get punched in the face, or a Hollywood Movie producer offering you a few million to pretend to get punched in the face, whose phone call would you return?

3. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

I would choose Hollywood. Ronda says it will be a while but she does intend to return to the UFC.

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I'd pick and choose my fights to prolong my bankability to movie producers.

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Yeah, I'd wait for Tate to beat Holm, come back and whoop Tate, then film another movie, then fight Holm again, then another movie.

6. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

I hear you have a movie out now. Is it any good?

7. Dead_pool

It's very good, you should definitely go and watch me!
    Especially when compared to xmen origins: wolverine!

8. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

The only problem is that, on the available evidence, she can't act to even the minimal degree required of action-flick stars.

9. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

She will be fighting at ufc 200. $$

10. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

No she aint.

Roadhouse shooting delayed. Hence Holm/Tate fight.

11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

It isn't that cut and dried though.

Her movie offers stem from her fame as a UFC fighter. She can take time off to do movies and still be a UFC fighter. This is what her plan was BEFORE that fight with Holm.

But if she quits being a UFC fighter, her movie offers will dry up. Her ability to get movie rolls is tied to her UFC career.

12. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

Oh right but isnt Holm v Tate 197?

13. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Then who would Rousey be fighting at 200?

14. Mushroom

Shooting for the film has delayed so much she wont even be training till UFC 200 nearly comes about.
    And during training there will be promotional duties for both the film and her fight event.

For a comeback fight to restore her invincible aura...it's not a good stratedgy.

15. Dead_pool

Van dam, chuck Norris, Steven seagull, all terrible actors.

I doubt rousey could support a film as a solo star yet, but she could make decent money by being the 'action one' untill her acting skills match her talking and fighting skills.

16. Dead_pool

She should be in training now, fight camps are for final honing, theirs plenty she could still be doing even with a bust jaw/tooth.

17. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

Seagal apparently regularly makes in mid to high 6 figure sums for his direct to dvd tosh that he churns our in east Europe. There is a strong market for those kinds of movies. Ronda could easily get in to that market. And if Gina Carrano can make a living out of movies, why not Ronda? Her success of her movies will depend solely on the money they make.

One of her long time mentors Gene LaBell always said he thought MMA was a crazy way to make a living. He said if you were good at martial arts, you could make much more money being a stunt person (let alone a movie star). I wouldn't be surprised if we don 't see her back for a very long time, if at all.

18. Dead_pool

She's already a millionaire too, so really appearing in films is at least to do with her status as much as the cash.

19. Mushroom

Dr gave her a medical suspension, assuming it was no contact only, (no sparring) even without the movie being in the way it was still too close between "able to train fully" and getting her skills up and coming up with a better stratedgy against Holm.

Considering the role in the filming, she would be training anyway (slimming, toning) as well as learning to act and sorting out the choreography...filming usually takes about 8 weeks, rehearsals etc probably another month prior.
    Then there's media obligations as per her contract, it's draining and very distracting.

I wont be surprised if she doesn't come back till around UFC 203-206...so around November again.

20. -APEX-

-APEX- Valued Member

She will be back, but she won't have improved. Hollys grappling defense will only get better, plus she will be training wrestling for the Tate fight.

Ronda still has a chance to win the rematch, but it's a very small one. Holly will pick her apart and KO her again.