Ring Magazine

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by puma, Dec 12, 2013.

1. puma

puma Valued Member

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but is anyone else as disappointed in this magazine as me? There was a time I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next issue. I loved it. My favourite bit was the Bagdaddy, the Jim Bagg column. I know he was fictional and some hated him, but he cracked me up! Now though, the magazine sucks. Think I've bought 2 copies this year. That from someone who has a collection of all the magazine's dating back to the 80's must say something. Even their rankings are now nonsense. The whole point of them was to do a fair ranking without the political stuff. Yeah right! My favourite writers have gone, the ratings don't always make sense, and why they put pictures of ring girls in there I don't know. Maybe it is Oscar De La Hoya's way of thanking them for letting him borrow their clothes or something, I don't know. Also, is it me or is the content getting smaller?

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Can you point to a specific article or month as an example? I've got most of their recent months here, I think.

3. puma

puma Valued Member

Well, I noticed a decline after the take-over when the writers were changed. It just isn't the same.

4. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

I was just going to say that Golden boy had bought it from what I had heard. I don't read it. I think it's junk.

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

You buy it? I take my Starbucks latté into WH Smith and spend the morning reading every martial arts and fitness magazine from cover to cover. :D

6. puma

puma Valued Member

I came across Jim Bagg on twitter! It was by complete accident. It is hilarious! Completely outrageous at times and quite frankly disgusting, but that's my sort of humour! Most of it certainly can't be repeated on here. He isn't a De La Hoya fan!

7. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I'll buy the magazine, but I won't pay £3.10 for a cup of coffee.

[​IMG]