Receiving email notifications of updates to subscribed threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Guo_Xing_Yi, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Guo_Xing_Yi

Guo_Xing_Yi Valued Member

Hi guys

Even though in my options I have set it that i do NOT receive emails about threads being replied to, i am getting a daily notice.

I would not like to have to unsubscribe to the threads to stop these emails, so can you advise me the best course of action?

Whilst I can appreciate that people want to be kept up to date, I do not like the idea of having over 40 emails in my inbox just because this site spam-fires one to me each time someone replies to a thread.

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

GXY, I've got the opposite problem myself.

Gill look into it and come back to you.

3. quartermaster

quartermaster Cat-like, stretchy guy

i repeat andy's version of the problem, but there's an easy solution.....the delete button, one of the three most important keys on any windows machines, and in my linux thing too, i might add

4. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

first of all, I would double check your options (in usercp) are set to 'do not subscribe'. Then go into 'list subscriptions', and you can remove the subscriptions you already have. If that doesn't clear the issue, let me know and I'll do some digging.

Andy - do you get any notifications, or none at all? Some ISP's spam filters can block autogenerated messages. Who do you use? There should be options to add MAP to the 'allowed senders' list somewhere in your mail setup.

5. Guo_Xing_Yi

Guo_Xing_Yi Valued Member

Ok I've found a work around, but you'll still need to do some updating to ensure that it all runs smoothly.

On usercp, edit options, 'do not subscribe' to threads option. Save and then enter 'list subscriptions' select all, and then the move to folder tab should be selected for 'do not subscribe'.

Why you cant just change one to affect the other I dont know, but doing both works.