Realism

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Light123, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Light123

Light123 Give Up On Giving Up

I've been wondering what the most realistic games are? By realistic, I'm referring to games like, for example, Grand theft Auto for ps2, where you can go allll over the city, jack cars, kill people, blow up cars, etc. Hitman seemed realistic, because of taking clothes, dragging bodies, poisoning drinks, etc. Y'know what i mean?

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

[​IMG]

Most realistic karate game ever.

3. Light123

I forgot to add, "for the ps2 or ps3 or xbox" sorry

4. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Bioshock, mass effect and assasins creed for the xbox 360, look promising if realism is taken as actions having repurcushioning effects on the world.

Realism as in graphics would probably be halo 3 or mgs 4.

When the guards in metal gear solid follow you footprints that surprised me despite it probably being a relatively easy thing to do.

Realism can make games worse for me such as rainbow six ghost recon were 2 shots kill you it get depressing.

5. fruitjuice!

fruitjuice! Banned Banned

Zelda TP (Wii/GC) - Real time gameplay on a massively complex scale (weather, day and night, character scenarios)

Resi 1 remake (GC) - Pre rendered visuals look freaking life like.

Black (xbox) - Totally interactive environments. Many can occur in different ways dependent on a completely random system.

Mario Sunshine (GC) - The sea. It's so shiny and real...... :p

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Video games aren't realistic

7. fruitjuice!

fruitjuice! Banned Banned

Killjoy. ¬¬

8. inokichi

inokichi Murse

The environment in Company of Heroes was amazing. I remember one time an american jeep and light tank were rolling down the road to attack the house my grenadiers were hiding in.

One of my soldiers leaned out of the window and shot the jeep's driver. The jeep then goes manic and crashes into a tree. The American light tank then blasts a hole in the side of the house and a german soldier falls out. Two of his team-mates then immediately leant out the new hole in the wall and started blasting away at the tank with everything they had.

It looked a LOT more impressive than it sounds. It was the sheet spontaneity of what was happening. It didn't just look like a collection of pre-rendered and choreographed frames.

9. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

I think you might enjoy espionage games.... check out Metal Gear Solid 3 or some of the Splinter Cell games.

10. Light123

I have MGS 2, but I'm a big loser because i can't ever beat that boss on rollerskates that keeps hiding bombs for me to disable. i cant find em all in time. :'(

11. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

I feel your pain. I've completed the boat on every difficulty and with every dog tag - now I'm on the plant with only extreme left to finish, and I can't beat the damn fat-man! :mad:

12. Light123

I think i'm on easy. whats the best way to keep the fatty on his fatty? :D

13. tom pain

Run and shoot (I assume you know how to do that). Once you knocked him down, go into first-person aiming and plant a few in the top of his head. He will then get up and start planting bombs around the helipad. Defuse his bombs and repeat the shooting process.

On easy he is, well, easy.

Get to extreme and then try him ;)

14. Light123

I'm on extreme while I'm on easy with this guy. The bombs are the prob.

15. tom pain

With regards to the bombs, not much I can offer really. Just need to equip the sensor and keep a rough eye on the radar to see where he travels to when he plants his bombs. Just got to keep trying really!

On extreme I had 35 seconds to defuse 5 bombs :eek: :cry:

16. Terao

Terao Valued Member

the most realistic game ever has to be....

BOMBER-MAN

But seriously i'd say the Elder scrolls series. I prefer PC but you can buy for xbox and 360, so id go with those in terms. Like if you take some thing from the forest ie. a planet afew months later it will have grown back,
    animals fleeing from danger, random weather, night and day, npc sleep during the day and night if needed can eat food, sit down at the table to eat, read books, swim, make friends with Npc's break the law, pay your punishment, murder, steal and im told that on elder scrolls 2 you could even have your way with women or men. :D still yet to clarify this.