real training

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by L0ST 5OUL, Oct 3, 2003.

1. L0ST 5OUL

L0ST 5OUL New Member

anyone know where the real training goes on? i am so sick of the one hour a day training and insane costs. isn't there any school out there where the training is 24/7 and you live there and the costs are bare mininum because the teachers actually want to teach those who seek it? location is not a matter. i'de go anywhere. the only school i have found close to what i am looking for is the "northern china shao lin martial arts academy" (www.shaolins.com) in Ye He Ancient Castle, Ji Lin Province, northern China near siping city. but it's is too expensive. money blows, isn't there a teacher who will teach because of a person's desire and not by how much money he has in his wallet?

be strong those of us who are poor, for the rich may be rich with material but they are poor in spirit while we are full of it.

peace

2. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

If ur looking to go abroad, ans actualy live abroad to train theres alwasy the shaolin temple.Altho it's quetionable how much of what they teach there is actualy what the shaolin moks origianlly praticed.As it is a devise of the communist overnment for money through tourism.That's not to say there training isn't stupidly hard and effective.I think it's about about £200 to rain there for a year whihc i thnk includes food and accomadation.But that's taught on alrge scale.

Similarly there is the wudan schools which cost roughly the same.I don't know much about their validty or training methods.fpr about the sme price.

As for INTENSIVLY hard training (I don't know about shaolin etc but i do knok more about this place.)TRy to fnd a site for he Honbu i Tokyo.They do a one year course in yoshikan aikido for 5 hours a day trainign (plus extra maintance tasks), 5 dasy a week (but u can train six days if u wish).This is a hard course and only gor teh serious martial artist.
    It is used to train the tokyo riot police.At the end u aquire a black bekt in yoshikan aikido,and instructors liscence and alot of injurys. :)

I know ther big weel known, world known places but just thought i'd sugest them.

3. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

Actualy i think it's aolt more than 5 hours a day.Not sure.

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Sounds like you need to get a life mate. There are WAY more important things in life than spending 24/7 learning martial arts.

5. L0ST 5OUL

L0ST 5OUL New Member

martial arts is a way to life. i do not expect you to understand that, or what the real important things in life are mate.

6. L0ST 5OUL

L0ST 5OUL New Member

thanks 4 the reply sub zero!

7. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

Thanks.
    I would tend to agree with yoda tho.
    If ur gona study full time only do it for a few a years at most.Then u can continue with a more normal training schedule.
    Martial arts are great but there are more important things in life that people should experience.I guess most MA masters would agree.

I personally wouldn't ever train full time unless for a very short time (eg week long seminar)

If u r deadly serious then go for.But not for the whole of ur life.That would be considered by many as wasting it (including me).

8. L0ST 5OUL

L0ST 5OUL New Member

i understand but im still looking, so if anyone knows of any please let me know.

9. RobP

RobP Valued Member

So while you are getting your free training from the teacher how is he supposed to earn the money to support his family?

If you want 24/7 training in how to fight for free, join the army.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2003
  10. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I understand more than you realise my friend.

I guess some lessons are best learned.

Enjoy :D

11. L0ST 5OUL

L0ST 5OUL New Member

never said free lessons Robp, just something reasonable

12. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

L0ST 5OUL; The only thing I can offer is to try seaching "uchi deshi" programs. Might not be exactly what you are after but its the closest thing that I know of other than getting together w/ fellow students every chance that I get.

Take Care
    DavidM

13. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  14. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

Probabaly a better course of action.I've been told that angry white pyjamas doesn't mention some very tough parts of the training by someone wh went through it.

15. gojuman

gojuman Valued Member

Here is an old Zen story that might offer some perspective.

A martial arts student went to his teacher and said earnestly, "I am devoted to studying your martial system. How long will it take me to master it." The teacher's reply was casual, "Ten years." Impatiently, the student answered, "But I want to master it faster than that. I will work very hard. I will practice everyday, ten or more hours a day if I have to. How long will it take then?" The teacher thought for a moment, "20 years."

16. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

You could well be right Sub Zero but it sounds tough enough in the book even without these extra very tough parts! :eek:

17. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

Gojuman;

I've herd that story as well, but w/ two additional lines.

....... The student asks, "how can it take longer if I work harder to learn it faster?" The master replies, " the more attention you focus on the goal the less you have for training."

Or something like that. :)

18. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

I think it's better without the punchline Cal.

Explain the story and people don't read it, they skip to the end. ;)

19. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

That stories on the inisde of my jj liscence.Buy that master replies something like "If u have your eye on the goal and not the p[ath infron tof you, then you shall shurly trip and fall."

20. Jeff Burger

Jeff Burger Valued Member

The Shaolin Monks are fake.

I help people go to China to train.

Jeff