Real Life Fight

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Demain, Mar 18, 2012.

1. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Well, if we're playing top trumps then 100% of the people I'd count as friends have been deliberately hit with swords, and probably about 60% have been deliberately shot at with bows. :)

2. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

I was actually just joking around, illustrating that giving everyone a firearm can be problematic. I was sincere when I said about 30% of my friends have nearby been shot by a moron before, but I doubt many Americans have. Approximately half of my friends are current/former LEO/military/private security. Firearms experts are always the most likely to get injured by them because of their raw exposure to the danger. Also, the majority of my friends live communities that embrace gun culture (yes, not everywhere in the U.S. has an abundance of firearms).

When I say accidentally shot at, I mean hunters mistaking them for deer, idiots sharing an unregulated, rural, outdoor shooting range and not using proper safety practices, etc. When you go to pretty much any indoor shooting range in the U.S., you'll see the floor and walls look like Swiss cheese. This is from the average user repeatedly missing the entire paper target and back wall, even at close ranges like 15-feet. I almost never seen firearms enthusiasts even able to properly hold their firearms, let alone use good form while shooting. Many pull the trigger as fast as possible and miss the majority of their shots... by a lot.

Oh, Americans... :love:

3. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

And everyone has the Constitutional Right to be a danger to themselves and everyone around them. ;)

But seriously, I'm not trying to paint responsible gun owners with the same brush as the idiots. But I would find it pretty scary to live in a society were some senile old person with bad eyesight might be armed and jumpy.

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Hmm - another thought occurs. How many of those 'accidental' near-shootings were them shooting at their own feet during the early days of their training? ;)

5. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Assuming by real fighting you mean a good old scuffle in the street, that I can (and regretably have) seriously hurt people, and it scares me to the point that I'd rather walk away regardless of what other peope might think, than stand up and fight and end up doing prison time because I couldn't have the self control to walk away when I could.

Fighting simply is not worth the trouble, more especially now because I have a family and a business. I haven't had a fight now for over 12 years and, unless I'm absolutely forced to, I intend to keep it that way.

6. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

i shot myself with an airrifle when i was a kid.

100% of the people i am have been shot in the UK.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I was shot with an airgun playing "clay pigeon shooting" with plastic plates

Yes that was stupid

8. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Yeah, instead of picking up a gun, they grab a banana

9. Mikez1

Mikez1 New Member

If think someone may fight you, dont ever let them get in your face. Ive seen too many cheap shots

10. shootodog

shootodog restless native

yes but more often than not the cheap shot comes from his bud who is out of your sight range. the guy in your face is just the decoy.

11. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

or the barking dog that cannot bite

12. Koetsuji

Koetsuji Valued Member

My real experience has been run at the first chance you get, of course...I always get ganged up on when I'm winning lol

Don't let people sit on you, unless you walk around with a mouth guard and cup, you will either swallow blood or a tooth.