Real Jeet Kune Do Instructors or Rippers ?? What is real and what is not?I Need Help!

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by myusername, Sep 8, 2002.

?

What is the best martial art?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2002.
  1. Jeet Kune Do

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Taekwondo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Aikido

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wing Chun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

"Real" JKD schools are any good MA school that teaches the JKD philosophy. I'd say a real JKD school would be a school that uses JKD concepts, a school that teaches Jun Fan Gung Fu, and/or a school that has Bruce Lee in it's lineage.

2. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

watch the dan inosanto collection, all is answered by the man who knows

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

... and whips, don't leave out the whips! :Angel:

4. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

and whips!!!

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

6. 1fightforright2

1fightforright2 Valued Member

wing chun is the core to Jun fan gung fu, Jun fan gung fu is the core to JKD. Jun fan is made up of 26 elements or more. JKD is a concept. I explain it like this:

What JKD really is

Jeet Kune Do is the art of self-expression, a way of thinking, a philosophy, freedom, growth, a creative process, a tool, a path to total individuality. JKD enables you to go beyond style.

As an artist I think of Jeet Kune Do this way. Colours are made up of primary, secondary and treachery colours. Jun Fun Gung fu fighting system represents the primary colours the basis that we expand from, other styles of fighting are single colours. If you start to mix other colours with the primary colours you make more colours, more moves and techniques will be available as you explore your knowledge and self. Your body is a blank canvas; you must paint your picture. But it depends on situation what picture or emotion you show

To paint a picture an artist needs tools; these tools are paintbrush, pallet, pallet knife, Linseed oil, water and turpentine. When one chooses the JKD path he is the paintbrush, the pallet, the pallet knife, the Linseed oil, water and turpentine. You are all these tools combined. YOU the individual are the creator in your own individual right towards your no style

A fist does not necessarily mean a fist; the fist represents the object in the way of your goal, to get to your goal one flows around the object, problem, or obstacle in the way.

How do you intercept your fist answer that and you have truly understood JKD

What Sijo Bruce lee truly wants! He wants the human race to understand that man IS adaptive to adapt one must create!! When one creates fully and whole-heartedly true individuality is released.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Only 8 YEARS after the last post in this thread.
    Is that a thread necro record? :)

8. 1fightforright2

to put it simply the jun fan method of gung fu is the basis that you expand upon. so after you have mastered Jun fan. then you start applying the concept to absorb what is useful to you and your natural attributes. YOu start exploring other arts and seeing what techniques work for you so stick with lamar I have read his book his Jun fan is good. but Sijo Bruce Lee would have wanted us ALL to explore after you have mastered Jun fan. That is when you go to the inosanto academy. that is when you start learning the Inosanto kali system which incorporates knife and stickwork. A true gung fu man is a master of all ranges and weapons. I have studied jun fan jkd, kali for 7 years. I have read all the books on JKD. I have taken a bit of a break from Jun fan JKD and am a p2 in krav maga at the moment. When I get to g1 I will go back to jun fan and complet my training in kali and jun fan.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4PrYkWytow&list=UUzxczVZVyCUMQ_ReIWrppCg&index=2"]JKD What simply is! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  9. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

You should probably know that the person you are responding to was last on MAP in 2007, so it's very unlikely your reply will ever be seen by its intended target.

10. 1fightforright2

that is a shame sorry about that I have had replys from others but cannot see them on this forum. where are they?

11. Aegis

A couple of off-topic replies have been deleted in this thread, those might be the ones you mean.

You haven't missed anything though!

12. 1fightforright2

oh man I wanted to put them in there place. yes those were the ones that I ment. where do you train?

13. Aegis

London, but not in JKD, I do jujutsu.

14. 1fightforright2

I know someone who does jujistu. I went to jujitsu in Ladywell. were abouts in london?

15. Aegis

Kensington at the moment, though subject to moving about as dojo locations change.

16. 1fightforright2

thanks for deleting those comments I wish that happened on the other forum that I was on it was called teri tom is an idiot. I also posted in that and the guys in that bombarded me LOL. but I stood my ground.

17. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Do you really want to revisit that thread?

18. 1fightforright2

LOL hello my nemisis when time is right I will!!

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You may have stood your ground but so did Custer

20. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Feel free to revisit it. But my advice is not to drag it into other threads just to gripe. Fair enough?