racial comments?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by g-bells, Apr 11, 2007.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!:p

now that is funny.

2. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

That had me laughing for several minutes straight.

I'm actually the token white guy on my restaurant's soccer team. The Mexicans always joke that I'm on the team because the tournament rules are written in English so they need somebody who can understand them.

3. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

slip thats not the half of it.... they will be discussing things,in spanish, in the infield(i play 3rd base) and i have no clue as to what they are saying, i feel left out so i'll yell out one of the words they teach me, 1 word a year, and they get the biggest kick out of it

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

G-bells - this simply means it's time for you to become more than just mono-lingual!

Don't miss the opportunity to take up a new language.

5. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

we should make a club

T. W. G. C

token,white,guy,club

slip- working on it ;)

6. watts

watts Valued Member

You think so? Though that kind of illustrates the point I was making, in the UK the word is just not used in conversation unless a person really is out and out racist. Looking back I can not think of one instance I have heard it in the UK, even when growing up on the council estate I lived on.

Now Paki on the other hand.. that was frequently used. But back then the local louts (which I unfortunatly was one) had a strange view of race. Black people where seen as culturally similar and respected for that (these would be people from West Indian backgrounds), where as Pakistanis where generally vilified and racist comments where frequently made. But that now is quite rare and is not acceptable at all, but then it was "sort of" acceptable.

But no, never heard the word nigger used. Especially in the context of just casual conversation between white guys to describe people, as was my experience in America, but that was only a minority of people. But the weird thing was they seemed to think it was allright

7. watts

watts Valued Member

But on the other hand, my sister in law in Alaska (who is black), had no problems making racist remarks about Native Alaskans, whilst at the same time moaning on about racist white people! who by the way also made racist remarks about the Native Alaskans.. racism sucks, and any human group is capable of it.

That the Tutsis had the same skin color as the Hutus did not bother the Tutsis much during the Rwandan genocide, which was basically about racial/ethnic supremecy.

8. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

The general concensus, when using that term in common conversation (around these parts at least,yeee haw!) is just a term to describe a punk or miscreant (sp). That term is used for white people as well, although obviously black people receive the biggest cut of the discriminatory pie. People who I know usually say "there is a difference between niggers" and black people". I don't like hearing the term or saying it to be honest, but that is the general understanding amongst most of the people around here.

9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

If a word is wrong, its wrong. It shouldn't depend on who's saying it.
    Listen to any black hip hop song and they refer to ho's and ni**ers all over the place yet no one ever slaps a boycott on them? Why is it okay for them to denigrate women and an old nutty white guy says it and their ready to hang him?

10. wild_pitch

wild_pitch Melt The Guns!

So context means nothing?

11. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Dude, straight up, the Native Americans have it worse than any minority in the nation.

I read in my social studies book that Native Americans have the highest poverty rate, highest suicide rate and lowest average education.

http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~jar/AIE/Ind_Ed.html

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/pub-res/natam.htm

12. watts

watts Valued Member

Yer messed up. People in Alaska can not help but say "drunk" or "lazy" in same sentance as Native. With racists you can tell, there whole body language changes when they talk about certain people to radiate disgust.

Now here is a confusing real life race tragedy for the 21st centuary: My cousin by marriage is black, his wife is a white American. 40 years ago people would have thrown rocks at them for the fact that they are lovers with different skin colour. My brother in law by adoption is Native Alaskan, so there for by marriage her cousin, he is a good lad who before being adopted (by my black west indian parents in law) had a very sad and hard life. The white American cousins wife will not even be in the same room alone with him, and always makes comments about him, even if he is within ear shot, yet she hates fellow whites who are racists against blacks, as they are just ignorant..

And so it goes round and round, racism is just stupid. Nothing can ever change that fact no matter what the root causes of it.