Quintet!

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Dead_pool, May 17, 2019.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Who here's been watching quintet?

I'm really enjoying watching it, sub only but with a team format, quick no stalling rules, and no heel hooks so you get to see a different side of sub only,

The sara mcmann vs rikaku sasuke match was great! 6-30-Sara-Mcmann-VS-Rikako-Yuasa-QUINTET-FN3-1024x683.jpg

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Been watching them from its inception. It's a lot of fun to watch.
    It's basically WWE Survivor Series format

Haven't seen the women's event yet though.

Dead_pool likes this.
  3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I did a quintet comp at the weekend. Super exciting to be a part of and to watch! The match ups are unique and you won't get them anywhere else. The team part really adds drama to the proceedings.

Dead_pool and Mushroom like this.
  4. Dead_pool

The sambo vs BJJ event was super fun, which was essentially Craig Jones vs the world!

Mushroom likes this.
  5. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Was that the one with different weight categories and as long as you are within a certain percentage of their weight the winner stays on?

If so Jones went through them like they weren't there lol

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I haven't seen the Sambo one but I will make a point of watching it when I can.

7. Dead_pool

Yep, I belive the entire team has to be under a certain weight, so you can have one huge fighter, and then the rest lightweights, or all medium weight etc etc, it's really interesting how that tactic effects the results.

Like Haisam Rida tapping out most of team 10th planet, in his matches.

Or Sara mccman beating tiny Japanese Blackbelts, before getting beaten by a tiny Japanese world champion!

I've been out of watching competition for a while, so quintet is really quite a fun watch!

axelb likes this.