Question about martial art schools near me.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Defense535, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Defense535

Defense535 New Member

Does anyone know which would be the best Kung Fu schools or Karate schools in Long Island New York that have been around for a while with very good instructors?

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I ha de a glance and didn't a see anything that jumped out a thing me. Sorry I can't help but good luck in looking for it!

3. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Screenshot_20180806-175621.png

Long Island does appear to have an extremely wide variety of MA classes, so it may just be a case of taking your time, doing the leg work, and finding out which is the best 'fit' for you personally.

Travess

4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

1400 square miles is a lot of area to cover. Also it is no uncommon for some of the better Chinese marital arts school to no advertise.

5. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

My advice is to first get a ballpark idea of what you are looking for (self defense, competition, etc). Then I'd say to scout out what schools are 'close enough to attend frequently' and then stop in and see if you observe a class and maybe set up a free session. Talk to the instructor(s) and see if they offer what you are looking for. Then go from there. If you find a class that seems to fit what you want and you enjoy the class and instructor, sign up for a while...