Punches in the movies...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by prowla, Aug 24, 2007.

1. prowla

prowla Valued Member

I've just watched Raging Bull, which was a pretty good movie as an exploration of the human character and the male-dominated 40s/50s USA, except for the fight scenes.
    Why is it that the movies show boxers taking 5/6/7/8, or more full power punches to the head and still standing?

The Rocky movies are the same.

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Simply enough...

It needs to look cool.

3. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Yeah if every time Drago (the russian right?) took a hit straight to the face and he went down the film would be most uninteresting.

I like that in some KF films people don't tend to take that much of a beating. Until the final fight like.

4. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

I think to answer this question you should go watch a decent boxing match. If one of the contenders lands a decent punch to the face first time? That's it! Fight over! Your 3hr movie would become a 3 second or less movie. Which just isn't worth the £13 price tag the movie studios like to hump us for. And not even they would dare try it.

Films are entertainment. Period. They aren't meant to be real. And if they are then there's always a bit of artistic licence for the sake of entertaining the drooling masses.

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

NNNOOOooooooooooooooooooooo Rocky's real! :woo:

6. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Martial Dad = Progenitor of the entire drooling mass. ;)

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

MMmmmmmmmmmm Drool :love: :D

Attached Files:

8. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

LMAO!!! :D

9. ITS A VOGON!