ptkalista's thoughts on PTK, open challenges, etc.

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Diego_Vega, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

MODERATORS

Please split this thread. It is nothing but an advert for PTK and their wonderful events, instead of being a mature discussion about a new book on the FMA. I thought that there is a proper place toadvertise events???

2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

so you are saying that feb 2008 is "bring it! bring it all! no rules! bring blades! fight any which way you can!"? did i get that right?

maybe i do not understand. maybe i believe that the one greatest thing about fma is the fact that it adopts and adapts for real life scenarios. it is built by the fight for the fight.

3. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

I'll show, but I'll be bringing an MP5. Bad luck for PTK.

4. Bayani

Bayani Valued Member

PTKALIsta , I doubt if you are the spokes person for PTK. pm me who you are and who you study with. I want to make sure that you are someone in PTK.

Mandala Doug Marcaida

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

All of your posts are nothing more than one big massive display of your own insecurity of being Filipino. Jeez... get some help and stop blathering on with your confession/advertisment/live blade challenges here at MAP.

Your so busy flapping your gums about what it is to be a 'true Filipino' that you don't seem be able to answer a simple straight forward question from Shootodog. :D

What a total joke. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  6. Karl

Karl Valued Member

7. juramentado

juramentado lean, mean eating machine

did someone call about a troll?

Someone told me to check out this thread and I'm just starting to get back into the thick of things. I've been away from MAP for some time now :) From the few threads I've read, it seems someone needs straightening out..

ptkalista, you sound like a Grade A, Government Certified Troll. You're apparently running amok here, making all sorts of statements that are sullying the reputation of PTK. What you're doing is similar to all the other trolling hack jobs on this and other MA sites, anywhere that allows people to talk trash behind the safety of a keyboard. I guess that's the eternal curse of MA sites.

I'm a senior student of Guro Rommel Tortal and a personal student of Tuhon Gaje. So I'm privy to a lot of things you claim to know. And as far as I've read, the entire lot is troll bait.

You're quoting Tuhon Gaje out of context and that's plainly obvious to those like me who know him. PTK has never had an antagonistic relationship with any system. We may have difference on technical matters and such, but in the end we are all Filipino Martial Art systems, all born and bred from the same culture. Tuhon Gaje is justifiably proud of his family's system, as others who have their own styles should be proud of their own system. What you're doing is spinning what's been said about PTK into what you claim is the truth. And all behind the anonymity provided by a nick and an avatar. Anyone can say what they want about PTK as long as they don't have to say it to Tuhon Gaje's face or any of this instructors.

I suggest that those reading ptkalista posts relax and chill out. He is not a spokesperson for PTK, and I doubt if he's even connected to our system. Personally I have an idea who ptkalista is, but I'm requesting the moderators
    take care of this troll bait. You guys know how to handle this :)

:Aegis: :saz:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  8. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

Let's move on & ignore the Jerk

Hello Peter,

I haven't visited MAP for a long time, & I'm posting again because this thread has caught my attention. It is amazing how one jerk can easily derail a discussion. I think he's too messed up that nothing we say will make him change. Until he gets a new girlfriend, or better job or who-knows-what, he'll just wallow in his misery till he can't take it & he has to spread it around. Pathetic, really. Let's just wish him good luck. :love: :love: :love:

We need to discuss more substantive issues. Actually, there are some controversial points in the book. Let me quote one about the Spanish origin of Eskrima: "A more plausible theory on the origins of eskrima is presented in startling detail from its early beginnings as a defense against Moro pirates & slave traders & its later fusion with Spanish fencing through the Jesuit warrior-priests during the pivotal years 1635-1644, the height of Spanish rapier fencing in Europe during the Renaissaince."

Another interesting part of the book is the list of other Cebuano masters & styles that are not known outside the region - the Canetes, Romos & Ilustrisimos aren't the only eskrima styles. :)

I'll post more later. Kamusta to all.

9. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

Hello Bayani and Juramentado (I have PMed you my affiliations), It is good to see fellow PTKalitas on here.

First, I am not disrespecting other styles/systems but if any of you have read or know about Cebuano Eskrima this new book of lies about the true kali you know that this is what GT Gaje Jr is talking about when people like to attack the true kali by writing in books or forums but will not stand up for it in person in a test of skill.

This is why I personally invite the writers of this book of lies to our gathering in Manila Philippines the home of the indios bravos of the katipunan this coming February 2008. If they write the truth then the truth will come out. I am just sicken of people who do not practice the true kali but like to write lies about it.

I am sorry both if you feel I am too mad writing these things but I just want to meet these writers in Manila. You are my seniors in PTK and I stop posting on here if you feel I am being to mean to these people. We know who has the true blade technology.

(This is my last post but my invitation to the writers of this book of lies is still open) :woo:

10. juramentado

juramentado lean, mean eating machine

Who made you the official spokesman for PTK? You don't speak for the system, for me, much less Tuhon Gaje.

I have yet to receive a PM on who you are. You're trolling so I'm not expecting it.

11. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I think that about answers the question.

Thanks juramnetado and best wishes to you.

Pat

12. kalislash

kalislash Valued Member

Maybe, you are mentioning about the crusade...

13. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

http://fmatalk.com/showthread.php?t=2534

14. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

He would've if I hadn't been on holiday for a week at the beach, yes. :)

15. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

There is Peter. And rather than split the thread, I've deleted the adverts and suggested that ptkalista submit his information to the appropriate forum. I've been on holiday with my family, so gimme a chance to catch up. Dig?

Stuart

16. ptkalista

ptkalista Banned Banned

GT Leo Gaje Jr.

Goodbye MAP I hope you have learn more about the true Kali and that we will not stand low when we are being attack in reality or in words. I hope to see everyone who questions the true Kali in Manila, Philippines. It will be a gathering of true warriiors sanctioned by the Philippines goverment. :woo:

http://fmatalk.com/showthread.php?t=2466

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  17. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Hi Stuart

Hope you enjoyed a good break. Have a chat with Pat. He's always boasting now that he has moved to a palm-fringed beach! :woo: :woo: :woo:

Thank you for your intervention and for separating the thread. I have ordered the book and look forward to reading it.

Welcome back. At least you know that some of us are supporting your efforts to keep the FMA section of MAP sane.

Gumagalang

Peter

18. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Thanks very much Peter. I appreciate your efforts. And thanks for the welcome back. Mixed feelings about being home from the beach. But there you have it. :)

19. oosh

oosh Valued Member

"I hope to see everyone who questions the true Kali in Manila, Philippines."

Well seeing as Bayani and Juramentado have shown that you aren't a PTK representative...I think they'll be looking forward to meeting you just as much as everyone else :D

20. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

We can only hope that by 'goodbye' you mean that you took yourself somewhere else other than MAP... or perhaps your mom took back her keyboard you trolling gimp. It'd be nice to have seen your silly ass perma-banned for flapping your gums the way you have. You've done nothing but hand down proclamations from on high while posting nothing about who you are or who you train with. Who do you really think your kidding... your ridiculous challenge to a live blade match because of a book? Dude put down the comic books, the insecurity and the tanduay. :D

What a fraud. :rolleyes: