Promoted Yay!

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by arc_avalo, Sep 28, 2005.

1. arc_avalo

arc_avalo New Member

Tonight I just got promoted from white to yellow. It feels great because when I started class again (I quit not long ago) I chose to be demoted to white. I felt I wasn't ready yet for the next level. I had to make up for lost time. Well, I got my promotion tonight, thanked sensei, and asked him why I was promoted. After all, I had to take a test last time to get promoted. He told me that there was no test. He thought I was progressing enough. :) That makes me feel very good. And now... to celebrate! :D

Also tonight we covered how to escape rear bear hugs and we covered spinning back kicks. I'd e-mailed sensei asking if we could cover those sometime. So I got a double happy session from tonight's class!

2. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Congratulations, keep up the good work... :D

3. Slavist

Slavist New Member

What style is that in? Weren't you the one who had created his own style of Dragon Kung Fu after playing Mortal Kombat: Deception? Or was that just a joke and you are actually doing something legit.

4. arc_avalo

arc_avalo New Member

No, I'm studying under Shinsei Hapkido. Also, yes, I am creating my own style, but it is more of a fun little project for now. Maybe in several years I will have a fully developepd style.