Problem opening threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Su lin, Mar 27, 2008.

1. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

yes it is :( maybe its a good thing though, because everytime it is slow i switch to actually writing my lesson plans...

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Its irritating me even more now. Trying to get work done behind the scenes (coding and oddifying) is taking too long having to wait for things to load.

I really should do assignments instead, but my own site is loading ok so I may as well work on that :D

3. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I hate spiders of any description.

I've had this problem for days but only just checked out this thread. I'm so glad it's not my connection!

4. tideliar

tideliar Valued Member

LOL it's happening to this thread too :D

patience is a virtue... :love:

5. Victoria

It takes 10 minutes to get in a thread. Then 0.5 seconds to get back out again. You trying to tell us something? :p

6. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

Lol, I can't get back into my 'meat' thread.:cry: I know, it sounds lame...

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ironically this appears to be the only thread I can get into! :D

8. Victoria

Not a bad thing :D

I just gave up. There really is no point :rolleyes:

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'm having a look at it again, I might consider some more drastic measures to keep see if that works.

Did it improve yesterday after the database scans? That was around 8.30-8.45 I finished those.

10. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Hows it looking now folks?

11. tideliar

tideliar Valued Member

Seems good to me dude(tte)

:)

well done! A lot of hard work!!

12. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Much better now Saz :)

13. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I blocked the Yahoo Spiders at the server level. Yahoo is our 2nd biggest traffic source after Google.

Its going to loose us some new visitors but I had to make a judgement call on getting new visitors or keeping the current ones. No contest really.

14. WatchfulAbyss

Yup, I'm only having trouble with one thread most everything else is much better.

All this has to be a pain though...

15. Victoria

It's all good now for me.

Yahoo sucks anyway :cool:

16. WatchfulAbyss

I can open threads just fine now, but, I can't seem to reply to my thread in the philosophy forum Titled: "to meat or not to meat, that is the question...." I was wondering if anyone else could try to see if it's just me or not?

17. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Works fine for me mate as do all other threads.

18. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Yay, no more slow down! Except, of course, when the school server is being stoopid ;)

19. WatchfulAbyss

I was afraid of that... Oh well, I'll see if I can't figure what's happening at my end. Much thanks....

20. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I'm still having trouble with threads in the off topic area. I want to moan about things, uhh, I mean spread my wisdom dam it:D