Pride GP (SPOILER)

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by neryo_tkd, Apr 14, 2006.

1. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

[EXPAND="GP semi-final"]barnett won against monitauro by decision 2:1 (i didn't underestimate barnett but i'm disappointed :eek: )

it wasn't an explosive fight like the 1st semifinal fight but barnett was good in escaping from minotauro's locks. they did 2 rounds and barnett is exhausted, and it seems that cro cop's dream to win the GP might just come true.[/EXPAND]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

[EXPAND="GP fights"]alexander emelianenko won against kharitonov.
    the ref stopped the fight. the fight was a bit boring till that last moment.

Ricardo Morais won against Lee Tae Hyun.
    the ref stopped the fight. the fight was a disgrace. both fighters didn't have any stamina and their techniques were sloppy all the time. the korean is a new kid on the block and the brazilian is a veteran who has fought rarely in the past few years. i expected a little bit more of the brazilian guy because the korean didn't have any guard and it would have been easy to finish him, but as i said it was a torture to watch that fight. the audience was so not pleased.[/EXPAND]

3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Do we not use spoiler tags now, Neryo? :D
    [EXPAND=""]Crocop is SO taking this :D Quite surprised that Barnett won the decision, I thought it was close enough that it could've gone either way.[/EXPAND]

4. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    cro cop won, so don't blame me, it IS the GP after all, who's thinking about spoiler tags?! everyone knows that the thread is a spoiler. :D :Angel: :D

HAPPY NOW???? :D

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

NO! I want a case of beer and/ or a couple of Pride ring girls delivered to my place by way of apology! :Angel: :D :Angel:

6. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

MEN!!! can't you make up your mind? :D

7. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Well I'd prefer the ring girls, but it could cause domestic problems with the girlfriend. Imagine the situation:
    *Doorbell*
    Her: "Babe, there are a couple of cute Japanese girls at the door for you
    Me: "WHOOHOO! Go shoe shopping or something, honey, I'm gonna be busy for a while!"
    Her: "OK, but I'm taking your credit card"
    Me: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" :cry: :cry:
    I believe Shogun vs French Can is the next fight

8. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

[EXPAND="GP fights"]Mauricio "Shogun" Rua KOed Cyrille Diabate
    Shogun dominated the fight[/EXPAND]

so, your money is more important??? :D

9. Sever

Sever Valued Member

[EXPAND=""]Shogun looked pretty good in there. Little more cautious than I'm used to seeing him, but that's natural after an injury like that I suppose. The Frenchy had some good striking, but Shogun stomping his face in has made my morning![/EXPAND]
    My money is very important when it comes to the girly spending it on shoes, yes. I'm afraid of that :D
    Arona/ Overeem's up now. I'm gonna get a coffee, I think. Could be a yawnfest

10. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

[EXPAND=""]oh yeah, the stumping was hilarious. the french guy didn't have a chance with that shiny butt hahahaha[/EXPAND]

11. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

[EXPAND="GD fights"]Ricardo Arona won against Alistair Overeem

Arona was better. Overeem gave up, eye injury or something.[/EXPAND]

and now the final fight :)

12. Sever

Sever Valued Member

[EXPAND="Shocker!"]Holy crap! Arona finished a fight! :eek: I think Overeem's neck problems came into play here - Arona was hitting him in the back of the neck repeatedly (poor reffing letting that go) and he tapped out from it. Think Arona caught him in the eye a couple of times too. He's walking pretty funny right now, I hope he's OK
    OW! Barnett looks like he's been in a train wreck. Still looking a little tired too. Crocop looks pretty fresh. Someone REALLY needs to talk to Crocop about his music taste. One of the top fighters in the world should not advertise that they like Duran Duran[/EXPAND]

13. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

[EXPAND="GP final"]cro cop wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn againt barnett[/EXPAND]

14. Sever

Sever Valued Member

[EXPAND=""]Absolutely RUINED Barnett there. Barnett tapped after a strike on the ground. Not quite sure what happened yet, but he's still down. Heard him yell "OW POOPIES (well, not exactly)" after that hit. Watching the replay, I think Barnett may have a busted orbital bone after that shot
    WHOOO!!!! GO CROCOP!!!
    Damn, Barnett's face is wrecked! Silva's not there to accept his 3rd place award because he's injured after the Crocop fight[/EXPAND]
    Awesome event beginning to end. I've been up since 6am watching it and now I'm going back to bed for a bit :D
    I want those ring girls here ASAP, Neryo :D

15. Journeyman

Journeyman Valued Member

[EXPAND="Spoilers"]Journeyman's Guide to Life Tip #142-- Never get kicked in the head by Cro Cop.

[​IMG][/EXPAND]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2006
  16. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

Sever, didn't you say you want a case of beer instead? :D

17. Sever

Sever Valued Member

The beer's probably the safer option, yeah :D

18. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

hehehe well, then you'll have to make do with this...

[​IMG]

19. MaxG

MaxG Valued Member

[EXPAND="Question on Barnett."]So does anyone know if Cro Cop broke something? That hit looked pretty normal but Josh cried out and tapped pretty quickly. I'm guessing Cro Cop broke something. Just wondering what exactly happened.[/EXPAND]

And I'm wondering why we have to use spoiler tags if the topic is marked spoiler?

20. Sever

Sever Valued Member

[/EXPAND][EXPAND=""]Word is that Crocop's last strike broke his orbital bone (that bone around the eye socket). The way it swelled up, it certainly looked that way[/EXPAND]
    Because this event doesn't air everywhere at the same time and this has been a long running, popular thread with many people subscribed to it. You don't use spoiler tags, any results get sent by email to anyone who's subscribed to the thread. It's just standard practise really, it prevents any spoilage due to accidental clicks etc