Politics - an outdated idea?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Mitch, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I wonder how it actually works? Are there MPs who do not represent a constituency then? Who are just there for their party? Interesting find David!

2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

You make a good point; different political climates suit different characters re. their strengths & weaknesses.
    Horses for courses, that kind of thing.

I like the sound of the Uruguayan leader, for example, who seems to take an unconventional approach.
    Most people are fed up with the same old same old I think.

Dead_pool likes this.
  3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

4. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Dead_pool likes this.
  5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Jose seems great!!

6. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

The biggest issue is definitely corporate sponsorship in politics. I don't think I heard anyone start to claim that democracy was a failed system or that they were tired of it, that is until the wealth gap started growing significantly larger and we realized most of the money had been siphoned off by people who were now using it to influence the political process to keep the public from getting it back. I don't think we'd be complaining if it weren't for the fact that somehow so much of the world which used to enjoy a decent standard of living under democratically elected leaders is getting progressively worse off financially.

The trick is how to separate the various political leaders of the world from their corporate financiers all at once so they have no place to run and hide and we can finally force large employers to open their coffers and pay people a decent wage again.

pgsmith and axelb like this.