Pietro Menga impresses with another First Round Stoppage (Pics)

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Adsy, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

I photographed FCC 5 and MMA Event this weekend at the Bolton Reebok Stadium, first of all there was over 2300 people there for a mostly amateur event with 2 pro fights, wow! not seen so many people at a local MMA show for a long time.

Secondly top of the bill was Flyweight MMA Fighter from Manchester Pietro Menga whom i interviewed last month for MMA Uncaged Magazine,

This kid is going to the top! He is 24, being doing Muay Thai since he was 6, MMA since he was 15, over 20 pro Muay Thai Fights and now 9-0-0 Pro MMA, with non of them going the distance.

On Saturday he was supposed to face his toughest test to date, Mark Platts and experienced fighter from Newcastle and he wacked him a a couple of low kicks, took him to the ground and subbed him in under a minute.

Next stop the UFC, i think.

Photos of the fight here

http://www.fightshop.com/blog/uncat...mpresses-with-first-round-submission-win-1135

2. jkdberlin

jkdberlin Valued Member

very nice! Rany tried this choke yesterday while training :)

3. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

Hey Jkdberlin

I met Rany a few weeks back when I took this picture of him and Menga with their belts, outside the Reebok Stadium where Pietro's fight was last weekend. Say hi to him, hope to see him fighting back in the UK soon.

[​IMG]
    by , on Flickr

4. jkdberlin

jkdberlin Valued Member

Hi Adsy

Thanks a lot! You will, I promise :)