Pets

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Hyper_Shadow, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Hyper_Shadow

Hyper_Shadow Valued Member

Hi folks! :)

A thought's just popped into my head since I just replied to a thread about what to do with mongrel dogs.

You guys and gals have any pets? If so this is the thread to post them all down! Put up some photos too!

Okay I'll start (without photo's, since I gotta go take em.)

I have:

1 Snake (Named Mo)
    1 Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Zeus, he's a red stud and quite possibly my best friend)
    6 Cats (Archie, Bramble, Booka who are all Burmese; Frodo who is a Maine Coon; Dooly who is a massive British Short Hair and Suki who is a traditional flat faced persian.
    1 Rabbit (Snowdrop, we're getting another one called Joey soon!)
    1 Rat (Sniper)

So guys and gals, pets and companions?

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I don't have any pets, but my wife and kid have a few.

In my youth, I had snakes, other reptiles like large lizards-Tegu, Iguana, even a alligator-er two. Different types of turtles, fish, and gallus gallus domesticus'. I had arachnids like scorpions, tarantulas, and golden silk orb-weavers

3. Hyper_Shadow

Are those the spiders that have a huge leg span and create giant webs? I'm a big fan of arachnids, unfortunately my girlfriend is terribly arachnophobic, so I can't have one :(

4. 47MartialMan

Yes.

Actually, my mom was in fear of many pets I had in my youth.

My dad had constructed a designated "hot house" for me to house these pets.

My mom, or others like my sister and friends, who did not like these creatures, simply stayed away from my "pet house"

5. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

Love Staffys! Have had them round most my life, can't have one now as I'm at uni but my brother has 2, 1 english staffy and one am staff and my mum has 1 am staff, all pure. So loyal and amazing to have.

6. 47MartialMan

Yeah, they are "beefy" looking.

And much are so misunderstood.

I tend to like the taller, slender sporting dogs like Labs, Weins, and Danes

7. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

They can be beefy, but i mainly love them because of how amazing they are as family dogs, my brother uses one of his for pig hunting though, amazing jaws. And misunderstood, so much! Don't know how many times people have crossed the road coming towards us, pulled the fingers, told us she should be muzzled, so on...I get quite annoyed at ignorant people!

8. Hyper_Shadow

Yeah, Staffies are ace. I run laps round my local rugby pitch with mine. He absolutely loves it. Plus he's so loyal and caring! Not to mention his jaws are like steel. If he clamps down on his (now deflated and half chewed) leather ball I can actually bicep curl him :D

I like Labradors, my Sensei has 3. Very good dogs and all so different in personality.

9. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

I love dogs, i cant have anymore it's to sad when they die.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpYRITtLSg"]YouTube- Hero Dog Tries to Help Mortally Wounded Dog - Chile[/ame]

10. 47MartialMan

EXACTLY what I was stating !

11. 47MartialMan

I can understand this as they become like family member with a unique personality.

However, when one dies, another is looking for a home and to be cared for.

12. Willsy

Willsy 'Ello love

I know martial, I'm sorry for sounding like an idiot with that but it's a sore spot for me, and I tend to take any opportunity to ramble about the various issues that people have with these dogs...humblest apologies.

13. 47MartialMan

No. No. You didnt seem to come off as a idiot to me. I was merely in agreement with you on that misunderstood breed.

Its ok, no apology needed.

14. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Pickle and Pumpkin, our kittens:

15. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I have a monitor lizard, two pythons (go figure), and one Akita. One of the pythons is twenty six years old this year. He has outlasted two dogs, several cats and one marriage.

Cheers!

16. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Our Resident 'Pigeon' Is a Timneh called Max whom is not as quiet as his spoils suggest.
    [​IMG]

Our two 'pigs Al and Steve. The Albino had to be called Al and Steve was a natural counterpart. If anyone has seen the Prairie Dog bit on 'walk on the wildside' will appreciate that. :)

[​IMG]

17. 47MartialMan

One looks like a demonic pig

18. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

19. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Indeed, What makes me chuckle is that when they are having a barny at each other they growl like 'Predator' ala' Arnie in the jungle style.

20. 47MartialMan

Yeah, my daughter had a couple of those,