Personal Attacks

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Saz, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Just a note to let everyone know. Profanity/insults/threatening behaviour aimed at another forum member is considered personal and will result in account restriction.

If you are involved in a discussion with someone and they disagree with you on an issue, make a stupid/ill informed comment or even if they insult you, don't resort to making a personal insult back.

There's a small number of members who appear to think making personal attacks on the forums is OK to do. It is not OK under any circumstances, and as a result we're clamping down on them now, before it becomes accpeted behaviour here.

Anyone involved in an exchange that gets personal will be put into the Sin Bin for anything between 24 hours and 2 weeks, and depending on the severity possibly banned. Don't make an attack thinking you will get a 2nd chance, you may not.

This includes both parties, so if someone insults you, don't respond back. Instead let a moderator know about it, either via PM, or use the Report Post button. Don't rise to the bait. "They started it" is not a valid excuse for verbally mouthing off at someone, and will get you into bother as well.

This includes messages sent via PM or email to forum members, but in this case, you will need to report it to a mod, as we can't see it.

Insulting a moderator who has tried to calm down the situation will result in a ban. We're not here to be abused by members.

Personal insults in the chat room will also result in a chat ban of 24 hours to a week.

If anyone has any questions or needs clarification of this, feel free to PM a mod or Admin.

Thanks
    MAP Moderators

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Believe it! :woo:

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

good call Kgirl, might it be worth thinking about adding it to the registration form so that newbies know the rules even before posting?

4. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

good idea!

5. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

Does telling someone to rue count as a personal insult? :D

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

i hope not :)

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Only if you tell someone to go rue themselves :)

8. hEmPY

hEmPY Banned Banned

OMG girl, why d'ju closed my thread? Every1z calm :(

Anywayz how sum1 can prove that he/she got insulted byh an email?? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2004
  9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Yes I closed your thread. You've read this post, and you were insulting people left right and centre there!

Emails - Forwarding it on to me/Yoda with full header information, which we can compared with the IP logs.

10. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Holy Mackerel, Yoda totally opened up a can in that thread.

11. YODA

Zero tolerance means...

Zero tolerance!

Attached Files:

12. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Oh don't mind me, I'm just marvelling.

13. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

Why don't we have something like bullshido? Exept you wouldn't have any Profanity/insults/threatening behaviour, but you would be able to complain againts another member or...anything that would bother a bunch of people at MAP.

14. YODA

Because this isn't Bullshido - we do things differently here.

15. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

So if we were having a problem with a member do we PM a mod or admin or will then go and fix the problem with out you saying anything?

16. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

PM any of the Mod's.

This forum is huge, its impossible for us to see everything. We may miss things, we may not. Help us to help you.

17. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

MAPers! Stand up for your right to bludgeon the ignorant. *Chanting: AD HOMINEM, AD HOMINEM, AD HOMINEM* :p

18. Hugh

Hugh New Member

LOL :) I agree. i say woefully ignorant statements should be ridiculed as a punishment, on the proviso that the retort is witty of course.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2004
  19. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Well, if you can do that without resorting to a personal attack, then thats fine.

Personal attacks is the issue at hand here, not how to deal with stupid people :)

20. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

Now what if the person is smart, hahahaha I'm so smart...didn't see that one coming did you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.