Peripheral corneal ulcer

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Su lin, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I'm gutted, just been to the opticians as my eye has felt gritty today and turns out I have a peripheral corneal ulcer .I had bad conjunctivitis in my other eye in April so this is a real blow. I have the opticians emergency mobile number in case the light sensitivity or my sight gets worse, it;s been a bit blurry all day.

I'm just gutted, worn lenses for 10 years and no infections then 2 like this, I am moving over to the peroxide cleaning system just to help prevent it. I think I got something in my eye cycling on Sunday.Typical, do something good for charity then this :(

I feel pretty low right about now :(

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

That sucks Louise - they will be able to get it all sorted for you though with antibiotics and whatnot. You'll be back in action in no time so don't sweat it.

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Thanks Yohan. I have antibiotic drops I have started putting in. It's really painful. No mma or kung fu for me for a couple of weeks. SHould be able to manage cardio/weights though.

4. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

could be worse :p

5. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Oh Lou, I'm so sorry! That sucks, especially the no training bit... they'll get it sorted with the antibiotics tho, & you'll be all good again.

6. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

I have eye problems at the moment too. Keep being told its a droopy eye but they have no answers on the constant dull ache. Going back in November to set up for an operation on the droopy eye. The doc says I don't really need it, but **** them, maybe they will find out why it is sore.

Hope you are on the road to repair soon. Don't push it and make things worse mind. I will use a winky smilie at you to signify our gammy eyes. ;)

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Well it's far more light sensitive today so I may end up being referred.Cheers though.

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I know Sgt, I am very paranoid about eye problems, my Mum has almost lost the sight in one of her eyes thanks to infections/detached retinas and watching her go through it was not good,hence my worry. :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Aww shucks Lou.... if I was there I'd just haul off and punch you in your eye... then you wouldn't feel low... you'd be ****ed.

I'm a veteran of many amatuer surgeries and invasive procedures... but even when myself went to a professional when it came time to get my eye ball scraped to removes splinters and corneal abrasion.

Fear not... you've done the right thing.:)

10. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You now got a counter argument to your family when they get on your case about martial arts being dangerous, cycling = danger MMA = safe :cool:

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lol MD :D And thanks Slip! I actually look like I have been punched in the eye :D

The eye drops I am using taste horrible!!!!!

12. Rob T.

Rob T. Valued Member

Hey Lou,

That's rough, I'm sure they'll soon get it sorted.

In the mean time keep ya chin up old bean. Remember the importance of PMA, if you get down it'll get worse. I see on your blog you're giving the self help books a go, maybe see if there's one that'll help in your personal life, smooth out the roller-coaster of highs and lows you seem to go through.

Missing class is pants, time to hit that Black Sash form at home though.

Rob

13. Rob T.

Rob T. Valued Member

Er, I think you may be doing something wrong there, it's a bit like saying suppositories are hard to swallow!

Read the instructions again, they may be more effective!:D

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lol! Nooooo when I put them in my eye I can taste them as they go into my eye and down my nose. Euuuugh! I have to have a biscuit every 2 hours to take the taste away :D

15. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

that sucks Lou, hope it gets better soon. And a the best excuse I ever heard for eating biscuits :banana:

16. How many drops do you have to use?

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

1 drop every 2 hours it says on the bottle.

18. One technique used to minimise systemic uptake of certain eye drops is to place your finger in the inner corner of your eye for a few seconds after instilling the drop.

However I am not advising this, as you should follow the instructions on the medication.

19. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Hey Lou,

Sorry to hear about your eye problem. Hopefully, with the drops, it'll clear up quickly so you can get back to training.

Just wondering do you wear protective glasses when cycling? I find that I have to wear a clear pair if I'm cycling with my lenses in. They stop the flies and muck blinding you - especially when going fast, down hill!

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hiya yep, I wear clear goggles when out cycling so I can avoid all the muck etc. Im thinking it may have happened before then now ,not sure what happened .