Paying for church

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by tekkengod, Apr 28, 2005.

1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

You're pulling my leg. I checked Webster. That's not one of the definitions. Def #2 & 3 are how I use the word:
    2) a city man
    3) fellow, guy

2. Drunken Miss Ho

Drunken Miss Ho New Member

Hey Aikimac - I'm with you on dude. Since I've moved to the east coast, people make fun of me for saying it (to both guys and girls alike.) But I'm proud of it, I consider it part of my California heritage :D

3. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

I'm dead serious. i remember looking it up a while back.

I'll check it again. it may be a souly scientific term and not appear in some dictionaries. i'll look, but i know thats what it meant. just like a "dork"
    is a whale's penis. i wonder how the hell those terms came to mean the things they do now.

4. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

so then it did or didn't say in the bible that you should give your money to the church? yes or no?

5. aikiMac

It says you should give some of your money to the church. Definite yes. The pastor/priest has to buy Cheerios for his kids too, you know. But admission into a church costs no money, period, because the Word of God is free. Members are supposed to donate of their own voluntary choice, not because a bouncer scares them into it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Thats it! Thank you KT.

7. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

LOL!!!!!

What a rip off.

The system at it's worst. Religion - The world's biggest pyramid scheme.

8. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Lol that's great. :D

Don't worry most churches aren't like that.......... At least I hope. :eek:

9. shax

shax Valued Member

a few mosques dont charge anything but most people attending donate what they can.

however mosts mosques charge the local attendees a membership fee. you dont have to pay it, but the names of the local attendees are put up onthe walls and whoever dont pay have a big blank next to their name for all to see. needless to say there arent many blanks. except for my name. i refuse to be forced to pay a 'voluntary' donation. insted i give my donations anonymously so that only God knows about it which is enough for me.

soz for the rush post. i got a choc cake waitin for me.

10. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Huh you have to pay a membership fee now to go to church?
    What is our world coming to? :confused:

11. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

Took you long enough

12. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

It's more like a Service Charge

*rimshot*

13. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

Service charge... Righhhhtttt

For sitting our backsides on their seats? And doing our prayers?

14. CanuckMA

CanuckMA Valued Member

Synaguoges charge a membership fee. Sombody has to pay for the building, staff, etc.

15. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I tend to volunteer time and energy to my Church as opposed to cash. I usher at least once a month, co-chair one committee, and am a member of another.

I hate feeling obligated to give *anyone* money, and I give several hundred dollars a year to various charitable organizations like the World Wildlife Fund, the Human Rights Campaign, Special Olympics and a few others. Of course, even though the money doesn't go to my Church, my donations fund social awareness, and that's a big thing for a Unitarian ;)

16. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ha... once again... Mr. Rebel Without A Pause Tekkengod seems to be spending more time around Christians and worrying about what they do than do most Christians do! :p

Tekken is a closet Christian. He just doesn't want to admit it to himself. :D
    Come on Tekken - we'll still be your friends if you admit it. :p

17. aikiMac

Aye, word for those would learn:
    "You know, if you fight realy hard against something, so that it takes up all of your effort and emotion, then it's still got you just as much as if you embraced it."

And, really, reviving a thread that ended 2 years ago just to make fun of people -- very lame. Very. :rolleyes: