Pangamut or Filipino boxing ?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by diablo despacio, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Bayani

Bayani Valued Member

Thanks for allowing me to share my views

2. diablo despacio

diablo despacio New Member

Nice post :)

if you train in a more controlled manner how can you be learning to apply techniques under duress ?

okay mmmhhhh would you intensify the level of non compliance depending on experience like a progression.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  3. Bayani

Bayani Valued Member

Controlled does not mean your not striking, Yes the level of resistance increases as skill increases. If I may digress a bit, Another way is to train FMA emptyhands like you would boxing, bjj, muay thai using the FMA techniques. Das it for me.

Cheers.

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Does anyone have a link to either video or step-by-step pictures of the "bolo punch"?

What are you connecting with? Knuckles? Hammerfist? I'm having a difficult time picturing it.

Stuart

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

"All hail Bayani, the humble one who can see the future".

Why of course it would be a pleasure.:D

By the way you are asking all the right questions which in turn is getting some really good answers, *Nice one*:cool:

regards

Pat
    "All hail Bayani, the humble one who can see the future"."All hail Bayani, the humble one who can see the future"."All hail Bayani, the humble one who can see the future"."All hail Bayani, the humble one who can see the future"."All hail Bayani, the humble one who can see the future"."All hail Bayani, the humble one who can see the future"."All hail Bayani, the humble one who can see the future".;)

6. diablo despacio

7. diablo despacio

but controlled doen't mean duressed.......................

If i was to train FMA like boxing etc i would have a heavy full-contact sparring element to my training............. but as we have discussed this is difficult with some of techniques - dirty, dangerous

hoegaarden break :D

8. diablo despacio

i suppose i am analysing the training methods, my nature is very analytical, comes from having a science degree !!

9. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

That OK, but I've got a Pain Inflicting Degree:D

It's called a 45 Degree strike with a stick;)

regards

Pat

10. Rude

Rude New Member

Is Pangamut and Yaw Yan also bare fisted, like Birmese and original thaiboxing.
    If yes, is it still being held like this in Philippines?

11. shootodog

shootodog restless native

for yaw-yan: yes and no. yes they can be bare fisted but no, it isn't practiced that way.