Ow!! I Feel Bad For This Guy!!!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Angelus, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  2. Crimson_Stone

Crimson_Stone Stay Puft

Ohhhhh Geeze!!!! OUCH!!! :eek: :cry:

3. drunken_master

drunken_master Valued Member

There's another video of a different fight where the same thing happens at brickfist.com... tried to find it for you but I couldn't get the website to work.

I'm not really sure how I feel about shin kicks, honestly...

4. IrishStomp

IrishStomp Valued Member

Seen that posted here several times, if I'm not mistaken.

5. thaiboxer9

thaiboxer9 Kungfu Boy

OUCH!!! :eek: :eek:

I feel hurt just by looking at it...

6. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

lol, soooo old but still makes you cringe :cry:

7. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

omg my god! eeewwww!!!! im going to be thinkin about that for the rest of the day now, thanks lol

8. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

Been there, seen that.

The weird thing is that after seeing this, I rewinded to see it again... I feel sick.. :bang:

9. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

That was nasty as!! Makes you think how easily it could happen!!

10. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

if i was the other guy, i would have that printed on a t shirt saying "your next" and wear it to all my fights!

11. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

*flop flop*

:D

12. Mjelva

Mjelva Banned Banned

That was awesome.

13. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

I hate when that happens.

14. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Seen the vid already. Figure it's one of the risks you take. :shrug:

15. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

I saw this guy on a documentary a while back. it was his first fight(unlucky or what) and he was back in the ring within a year so not all bad.

16. hùng.pham

hùng.pham Valued Member

Got milk?

:cry: yowzas.

So it makes me wonder : some styles say kick with your instep, but then people say, "No, don't do that. Too many bones to break."

Other styles say kick with your shin... and witnessing that video, that might not be a good idea, either.

I've seen videos of other sport accidents where people break arms and legs... there must be more to take into consideration: point of impact, speed, angle, etc. etc.?

I'm sure the guy who broke his leg has kicked other folk before with no consequence, what made this time different?

*shrug*

17. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

in every one of these videos you see of people breaking their shins, it's because they're kicking up. that's not how you kick. if he had been using his instep in the same way, he probably would have broken half the tiny little bones in his foot. that would be a lot worse than having your shin snapped in half.

18. hùng.pham

hùng.pham Valued Member

I don't understand -- what if I deliver a swift kick between the legs of my opponent? That's "kicking up", no? I'm not trying to be difficult - just trying to understand. I'm also not arguing either for or against either an instep kick or a shin kick.

In one moment, the human body seems like it's an incredible machine that you can build and hone, and in the next, it seems like it's extremely frail and vulnerable.

For example, depending on how you fall, you might break your wrist, or arm, or leg, or in the worst case, die. It depends on how and where you fall.

I guess what I'm wondering is, what's the 'science' (physics, physiology, etc.) behind the fact that his leg broke this time, and not others?

Hmm... apologies for the thread hi-jack, but the video made me think about this.

19. franksv

franksv Valued Member

Makes me think how fortunate I have been.In comparison,all my ma injurys really have been NOTHING,after seeing that.

20. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

it wouldn't have mattered if he had kicked up and hit the guy in the leg, but it becomes a problem when you're kicking up into something hard like, say, the shin/knee. i can't tell you from personal experience, but i imagine that kicking someone in the groin does not hurt as much as kicking someone in the shin.

in any case, even if the groin were somehow as hard as someone's shin, you still can't kick with as much power if you're kicking straight up, since there's less hip movement - so you probably still wouldn't break anything.