Other than martial arts what other sports?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by morphus, Dec 13, 2004.

1. morphus

morphus Doobrey

1. Other than martial arts what other sports have you practiced in the past? :love:

2. At what other sports have you excelled? :Angel:

3. What sports have you not been able to do/practice/play? :woo:

4. What sport other sports would you like to be good at? :woo:

5. What sports do you like to watch but not practice? :bang:

6. What sport do you find the most boring? :cry:

2. HearWa

HearWa Ow, that hurt...

I remember trying out for basketball once in middle school. I didn't make it. Tried again the next year to the same effect.

That about sums up my sport career!

Since I'm in better shape I'm thinking about joining rugby next summer. That is if it doesn't get in the way of my martial arts practice. :)

3. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

um i dont want to practice anything else, the only sport that i ever played that ive been bad at is Basketball, and i still hate it ( because im still bad at it :p)

4. Paul 100

Paul 100 New Member

I been playing cricket since i could walk because of my dad,

I played snooker, tennis, golf, rugby all before.

But im crap at football for some reason just dont like it.......

i like watchin basketball but i dont play it

5. NRees

NRees Taekwon-Do II Degree

With training 6/7 nights a week, and school 5 days a week I don't get much time to even think about doing another sport. So I guess I should excell at MA instead ;)

6. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

1. Other than martial arts what other sports have you practiced in the past? :love:
    Hockey is my #1, been at it for 18 years. I was also a swimmer for a while but not so much anymore.

I used to be really good at baseball.

American football, basketball

Tennis

Football (both kinds), Tennis

Golf (if you consider it a sport) is brutal to watch. Any game where the predominant activity is walking can't be all that exciting...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

1 - Used to play a lot of basketball and badminton, werent too bad at both.

2 - I play a mean game of Pool. Havent played Snooker for a couple of years but I been playing that for almost 10 years with the same cue i still got.

3 - I cant play rugby, football, hockey and cricket, basically the 'popular' sports

4 - Dunno....love to be able to run/hurdles. Good old hurdle-fu when escaping through residential areas.

5 - er...um....I cant play women's beach volleyball, but damn its so good to watch..and womens diving and womens tennis....

6 - I'm sorry, but i find cricket extremly boring. No offense but I tried watching it and it simply dont do anything for me.

8. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

1. I do fencing, cycling, track and field stuff, and ballet (though ballet isn't really a sport)

2. I've done very well at fencing.

3. gymnastics

4. See above.

5. None really, though I watch football or hockey from time to time, I generally would like to play as well.

6. I'd say it's a toss-up between golf(though I don't consider it a sport.. no more than chess is a sport, except that chess has more action) and baseball..... no I was lying, golf by a long shot.

9. mystererae

mystererae Valued Member

1. Other than martial arts what other sports have you practiced in the past?
    Gymnastics, Horseback Riding, Cross Country, Soccer, Track

2. At what other sports have you excelled? Horseback Riding, you could say Soccer and Track but I haven't necessarily "excelled" yet

3. What sports have you not been able to do/practice/play? Basketball, Football (hehe), mm, Softball

4. What sport other sports would you like to be good at? I'd like to be better at track and soccer especially, and I want to fix up my tumbling, which since gymnastics has become pathetic

5. What sports do you like to watch but not practice? Football, basketball

6. What sport do you find the most boring? Golf.

10. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

none

none

all

I wouldn't mind beeing good at football (soccer for US) or basketball

I dont watch sports

Synchronised swimming

I'm not beeing ironic or anything its the truth. I'm cool at pool but i don't think it's much of a sport.

11. punchfast

punchfast New Member

Sports other than Martial Arts.

Curling:
    http://www.curling.ca/photo_galleries/photo.asp?gallery_id=16&start=3

rates right up there with watching paint dry on a rainy day. What's next...... competitive sweeping? :bang:

12. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Gymnastics, threw shot and discus in high school, ran track in junior high, play golf, love to ski, cross country and down hill. Does caving count as a sport?

Excelled, none.

Wanted to play raquet sports (tennis, squash, etc.) but could never find reliable partner. I want to fence.

I would love to be able to swim really well.

I hate watching sports. I am a doer not a watcher.

6. What sport do you find the most boring? :cry:[/QUOTE]
    [/U]

Curling and shooting events (like biatholon)

13. Mu Ryuk

Mu Ryuk Banned Banned

1. Football, Basketball, Hockey, Baseball.

2. Football.

3. I wasn't good at anything but football.

4. Just Martial Arts is fine.

5. I like watching what I like playing. Which excludes baseball, because God knows I hate that game.

6. GOLF.

14. Eero

Eero Valued Member

1. As a child I played tennis, hockey, soccer and basketball.

2. I have never been good at sports. :D

3. I have never had an opportunity to play golf.

4. I would love to be good at basketball, but I am too short for it. :cry:

5. Sumo! :D No, just kidding. I don't watch any sports I would not like to do myself.

6. Most boring sports are soccer and hockey.

15. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Rugby, Football, shooting, Gymnastics, Javelin, cross-country, cricket, archery

2. At what other sports have you excelled?

All of above, except Football and cricket

3. What sports have you not been able to do/practice/play?

fencing

4. What sport other sports would you like to be good at?

fencing, like to be better gymnast too

5. What sports do you like to watch but not practice?

NFL

6. What sport do you find the most boring?

Golf

16. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

It depends on what you consider sports. I boxed in the Navy but that is a martial art so I guess that doesn’t count. I have had other hobbies/sports. I raced motocross when I was young. I skydived for a while. I still scuba dive. I was into rock climbing for a while. I still hike when I can. I surfed for many years but quit due to the crowded conditions around here. I golf when I can get time. I hunted most of my life. I still fish now and then. I competed in target shooting. When I was young it was small-bore rifle then when I was older a few years of large-bore rifle. The only team sport I was in was baseball when I was younger.

17. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

Rugby, soccer, tennis, kayaking, basketball...... basically all of them I think?

Rugby, kayaking (esp. rugby though).

Rugby - tore a ligament in the knee and never got back. Everything else - my blessed education got in the way.

Is rock climbing followed by base-jumping a sport? If so I think i'd like to be good at that.

Rugby, wildwater slalom (very rarely makes it to the telly), anything that was on eurosport before those so and so's took it away, UFC

NFL, cricket, baseball, hockey, .... basically any game with which I'm not familiar with the rules.

18. MuayKiDo

MuayKiDo Che!

Horse Riding, Skating

2. At what other sports have you excelled?

*shaming myself in silence*

3. What sports have you not been able to do/practice/play?

All minus those form question 1, I guess. I did enjoy some volleyball and soccer. Just yer basic gym class sports.

4. What other sports would you like to be good at?

Horse riding, skating, traditional Muay thai

5. What sports do you like to watch but not practice?

intense female sports. let the sweating begin!

6. What sport do you find the most boring?

Most bar/cafe sports

19. Miss_Kitty

Miss_Kitty New Member

1. Too many sports cos it runs in the family...Tennis, Netball, Basketball, Soccer, Lacrosse, Indoor rockclimbing, Gymnastics, Dance & many more..

2. As above...oh by the way does SEX count as a sport :eek: LOL ooh bit cheeky... ;)

3. Surfing, Rowing, Kayaking, most of the athletics type events like pole vault would be kinda cool...

4. Lawn bowls :eek:, golf (yeah that is a sport!) I know the question asks other than MA but there are a few other styles I would like to try & be good at as well.

5. Surfing, BBall (gotta get back), There is just no time any more when you like so much!!

6. Nothing...all sport is good sport :cool:

20. JTiedes

JTiedes Wielder of the Wiffle.

haha i get to be the first to say ultimate frisbee!! we have a club at my high school and we get really in to it, i can throw the disc about 60-80 yards on average :) and its the only team sport im decent at. we have a tournament the first weekend of summer vacation every year, and i have yet to be on a tam that has not made it to the finals :D