Orange Sash Achieved...

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Lennon, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Lennon

Lennon Member

Hi all,

Little update as I've not posted for a while.

I've been training Shaolin Mok Gar for just under a year now. Managed to achieve my Yellow Sash in about 4 months. It's doesn't sound like a long time when I write it down but when I think about what I had learned in that time it was a lot. First grade consisted of 'Pattern 1' which is fairly short, a demonstration of push-ups (on knuckles), self defence technique demonstration, 'One man blocking' and a short round of sparring.

I passed that grade with a 'Fine' which basically means I made less that two, minor errors.

Last night, I took my 2nd grading for my Orange Sash. This consisted of patterns 2-5, more press-ups (on knuckles) one man and two man blocking and a longer period of hand and feet sparring.

managed this grade with 'Medium +' which means I made some noticeable errors (during patterns). I was disappointed initially but I came to terms with the fact that it was a bit of nerves getting to me. I was really happy with how the sparring went. I was fighting against the highest ranked student in our club (Brown sash, training for his Black). He's a really great fighter with a fantastic knowledge of other martial arts too.

I was happy to actually make him back off a bit this time around as when we normally spar he dominates me.

Just thought I'd share a bit of my journey so far. Can't wait to start learning some new techniques and develop further.

/blogplanet

Xanth, Thomas, Guitar Nado and 4 others like this.
  2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Congrats! Onwards and upwards! :)

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Sweet! Keep going! I'll want to hear about your black sash test in a few years! :D

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Congratulations.