Online Ninja Training

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by kikentai, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwills79

jwills79 Valued Member

ScottUK,

Could you please answer my question from the previous post?

2. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

I don't know whether it was an intended jab or not, but as an uninitiated bystander, it looks like you'd do better to pick a more sure target to fire at. As it is, it looks like you're looking for any little thing to vilify Don and paint him as an unjustified attacker. Now I don't know the history, but frankly you've got to support your assertion that it's a jab before anyone's obliged to take it seriously. You haven't done that.
    To someone who has just dropped into the discussion it looks like Don's just saying the guys at least a few steps above the sort of people the Bujinkan is infamous for, and is at least legitimate in that. The last bit could be construed as a jab with the right support but without some outside evidence or contextual support beyond what you've provided, it'd be generous to call it a stretch.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  3. Muawijhe

Muawijhe Dreams of Madness

I really have no dog in this fight, and wish not to speak for either Mr. Roley or ScottUK, but I will give my take on those boldened statements.

To the first, it seemed to me more of a compliment. In that, take someone like me to asks a bunch of questions, and the information just goes in one ear and out the other. Until the understanding for me is made, talking about what I heard would be a bad idea.

To the second, perhaps again a compliment, showing a humbleness to start over, and not be held up to a rank that some argued in this thread was inflated.

4. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

I'm sure Hatsumi felt no remorse at your leaving.

5. garth

garth Valued Member

Well as I was just one of many thousands lining his pockets thet he didn't know, I doubt it

6. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

No, I read the comments as follows:

...by comparison to many people who do not absorb information instantly at seminars. I have also witnessed this at various seminars across a number of arts. Some people ask the right questions, but don't understand how to apply the answers given. I see no insult here.

...as his rank was questioned by many people. To start again would be to prove to the doubters that he is a serious martial artist and not someone who gets by on inflated rank. Once again, I see no insult here.

EDIT:

If there was a jab at anyone in Mr Roley's post, it is at Mr Carbonaro.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  7. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Second and last request to drop the issue of whether or not Don's post was intended as an insult. I'm pretty sure it wasn't, maybe he could have phrased it better so as not to leave himself open to attacks from people who are looking for excuses, but that is a different issue altogether.

And as a side issue, let's leave the petty digs at each other out please.

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Frodo = Earning herself a nice cup of tea and some hob-nobs.

9. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

Excuse me, sir.

The name is Frodocious....Ms. Frodocious.

- Mark Spada

10. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Actually, it's going to be a domino's pizza and scifi night tonight! :)

Listen to this man - he knows his place! ;) :)

11. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

Ok. so even online, a is man not safe from being bossed around by women... says the man with a wife and 2 lovely daughters.
    ;)

12. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

Point taken. I should have phrased it better. Let me be more clear this time around.

Amir Khan asked me some questions. They were very relevant. They also showed that he had a great memory and could piece things together.

As an example, I reviewed my notes weeks in advance of the seminar. One kata I had seen multiple times in Japan and made notes on each insight I got from each session. One entry I reviewed mentioned something that was totally different from all the other times. I seem to remember the lesson, but in the end chose to only stick to the basic version I was the best versed in.

While I was teaching the kata, Mr Khan told me a version he had seen and asked about it in relation to what I was showing. It was the same thing I had reviewed and decided to not show.

That impressed me in that he was able to pull something out from memory that I had to go over ten years old notes to remember. His mind seems like a steel trap that picks up on details and keeps them where he can access and use them. He asked a very relevant question at the appropriate time and that to me indicates that he is very interested in deepening his knowledge rather than resting on what he already knows.

I walked away with a new impression of him and after the things said here I thought I owed it to him that I have a new opinion of him and wish to support him in his efforts no matter where they take him. I hope that makes things clear for everyone.

13. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Down to you now Mr Wills

14. Wanderer12

Wanderer12 Valued Member

The shoe falls not far from where it is dropped. A better one I heard is that Nosferatu cannot tell they are as they cannot see themselves in the mirror.

15. jwills79

jwills79 Valued Member

Simple, if it went down like that and no personal attacks were intended then I was wrong. The wording could have been done better so there wouldn't be any confusion.

On the other hand, my comments about gossiping still stands. You should not be spreading personal information about others especially without any proof.

Care to comment on that?

Down to Mr. Roley now Kouryuu.

16. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

17. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

The facts about his leaving his teacher are not advertised, but not secret. The same goes for his reasons. He is reaching out to many in the area to explain his situation. Since he went through a bit of hell here I thought I would stand up for him and make it easier for him to be accepted.

Does anyone else see a problem with what I did?

18. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

DROP IT, politely for the second time.

Pretty please.

19. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

Dave,

Locking an already moribund thread is also an option.

- Mark Spada

20. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

Sorry, cross posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.