OMMAC - Olympian MMA Championships 8th Aug Photos

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Adsy, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

OMMAC (Olympian MMA Championships) is the new MMA event from former Cage Gladiators co-promoter Chris Zorba. Following the sudden demise of what was one of the UK’s most recognisable MMA Brands, Cage Gladiators, Chris was swift to plug the gaping hole left in the domestic scene with the launch of OMMAC at Cage Gladiators old residence The Liverpool Olympia. OMMAC’s inaugural event OMMAC Assassins, took place on Saturday 8th August.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

3. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

4. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

This is my favourite of the lot.

Tension.

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

So that's what fight show photos should look like.:bang: You'd have to stay sober for that though. (mental note: Get a photographer)

6. Liam Cullen

Liam Cullen Valued Member

The photos are exellent, I couldn't make it to this event but I hear it was a good night.

7. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

lol, yeah i only had one beer, but when i went to get that beer i missed a fight because it was over so quick. Should have waited till the interval!

Also i missed getting Tony Moran's head kick knock out! and Paul Sass's spiderman impression up the cage wall to get out of a guillotine.

Going to be doing photos at "Rumble at the Reebok 2, Ultimate lads night" Muay Thai event this friday, so will stick some up in the Thai Boxing section for anyone's whose interested.

8. Moi

They're your photos?

Very good. What camera?

9. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

Yup they mine :)

Its just an entry level SLR Canon 1000D but you dont get anything from the zoom kit lens its a waste of time so i use the canon prime 50mm f1.8 II fixed focal length, or for some of the up high shots i switch to 85mm prime f1.8, but almost everything is done on the 50mm, you need the bigger apertaure for the low light conditions since u cant be using flash.

Even then its still not quite fast enough hence the blur on some of the movement shots, i'll upgrade to the £300 50mm 1.4USM before this year is out i reakon. The lack of zoom means all my shots have the same kind of compositon which gives it a certain close up feel to everything (i think anyway ! lol), and i have quite into not using zoom, it means you have to run around more to get the shots you want, keeps it all interesting!

Have a look at www.fightpics.net for a mixed bag of fight stuff but again all done mostly with the above combo

10. Moi

Are you a professional photographer or is this just mixing two hobbies?

11. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

no mate, i'm just making it up as i go along lol! only had the camera since i bought myself an xmas present this year, and didnt start using it until May, we'll see how it goes.

12. Moi

So you'll do a show for free admission and beer?

13. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

Depending on the size of the show, we will do it for free AND give you free Sandee fight gloves for the show. It depends who is on the card though, and how far away it is etc etc.

http://fightpics.wordpress.com/about/

14. Moi

I'll sort something out. The shows are in Wrexham. No real big names as such but we've only had 3 shows. Capacity crowds of about 1200 people. Amazing show though. Next one is November 8th.

15. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

Wrexham is good, not too far at all. And 1200 are good numbers! drop us some more details by PM if you like we can sort something out, we are trying to do not more than one show a month, and we have something booked every month except for November. Is it Thai ? or Kickboxing (or both?)

16. Moi

Kick, Thai, MMA

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I was gutted to miss this as I train at Alex's club. Looked like an awesome event and the guys that went had a great time. If he is on the next card going to definitely go. Great pics.

18. Moi

Your ex-thai instructor is a member here. Check out the intros

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89159

19. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ahh Kev, assistant instructor. Good guy though Kev :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009