OLYMPIC Taekwondo TV Schedule

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by WorldChampTKD, Aug 16, 2004.

1. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

ok, these times are right for my time zone,which is Pacific, but i dont think it's live, so they should be correct times for wherever you are :)

8-26 on MSNBC at 5am
    8-26 on MSNBC at 6am
    8-26 on CNBC at 5pm
    8-26 on CNBC at 6pm
    8-27 on MSNBC at 12 pm
    8-28 on CNBC at 5am
    8-28 on CNBC at 2pm
    8-29 on CNBC at 7am
    8-29 on CNBC at 11am

Hope that helps, I'll be excited to see the tkd segments of the olympics!

2. supervole

supervole New Member

For us from the UK,

All of these on BBC,

26th, 16.00-18.00 stream 4
    27th, 16.45-18.00 stream 5, somewhere between 15.15-16.15 on BBC1
    28th, 16.00-18.00 stream 3
    29th, 6.00-8.30 and 12.30-17.30 stream 3

These can be seen on here.
    Mev.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Thanks Jen .... I also posted the schedule here along with the other sports.

Thanks supervole for the UK info as that was previously asked on that thread!

Enjoy watching!!

4. inbuninbu

inbuninbu "Train hard, fight easy"

Stream??

I'm most liekly just being thick but what does 'strem' refer to? :confused: An explanation for me would be gratefully received...

5. supervole

supervole New Member

To be honest, not sure, but i think that it will be a red button thing where you can select different screens, like they do for wimbledon.
    Mev.

6. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd Valued Member

I can also add (for US viewers) that those listings only mean that TKD is scheduled to be on sometime during that hour. It could be a lot, or it could be only a few minutes...you won't really know until it's on. People were excited when "judo" was listed for an hour, but most of the hour ended up being sailing, which may be the most boring thing ever aired on the Olympics. :)

7. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

Yes, but badminton was quite exhillerating :p

8. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd Valued Member

*way off topic, but it's gotta be said...*

Badminton was *awesome*. That mixed doubles final between China and Great Britain was one of the best events I've watched all week. Very, very cool. If they showed videos of that stuff in junior high gym classes, more people would be excited to play it.

9. inbuninbu

inbuninbu "Train hard, fight easy"

Sport at school - why not MA?

I agree! Perhaps more ppl would be motivated to continue getting some good healthy exercise after leaving school if we could do halfway decent sports! Netball, rounders???? Erm, no, :woo: not exactly fresh, new and intriguing.

What about horse riding, water sports, going to the gym, dance lessons, outdoor activites like mountain biking and rock climbing... and MAs!!! :love:

Of course 99% of schools don't have their own facilities for these sports but there's usually smth good nearby in a sports centre etc. If only these were properly subsidised, + if young ppl actually wanted to do sport they might even do it outside of school, thus freeing up time for the curriculum.

*Rant over.* :p

N.B. Was considering trying to record some of the Olympic sparring for future reference and anlysis - you could learn a helluva lot from them about technique. After all they're supposed to be the cream of the crop. Let's hope it's good! :)

10. supervole

supervole New Member

The BBC have a cool feature, you can watch the olympics online!!! If you go here top right of the page gives you the link to the video.
    Mev.