old skool lau gar

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by quanto, Aug 29, 2008.

1. quanto

quanto Valued Member

Why do you need video?
    Go and touch hands in person then form a opinion?

2. Mr. O

Mr. O Valued Member

you're more than welcome to come FQ no grudges or anything just a friendly training atmosphere where you can see one of the heads of the bkfa training and how we train!

3. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Don't be silly- I hold grudges to levels you've never even dreamed possible. That being by the by, I was just interested in seeing the man's level - I don't know him, or anything about him, and I judge everyone according to two things - their actual level, and the amount of lies they tell about themselves.

So, you know, if it's not asking too much, is there a video of him available that just out of interest the public could view - including our cousins in the English speaking world and all the other people who read here from other countries?

4. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

I just want to see a freakin' video of the man - is that too much to ask? Do I have to personally go and knock out everyone who calls themselves seventh dan?

Most of these people who talk about touching other people spend too much time doing the opposite.

5. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Tch.... Silly Flower.

6. Mr. O

Mr. O Valued Member

lol at FQ's replies!

As a side note, if you want to test your level FQ then pm me contact details, I can arrange for you to fight on our next Full contact show if you want!? Its on the 16th November. (btw this aint a threat, if you think it is).

At present there are no videos that I know of. However im sure the syllabus dvd's will feature him heavily. They are due out at the end of the month!

7. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Yes it is a threat. It's what you constantly do - try to intimidate the argument so that no one may question anything about you or what you do unless they're prepared to have a full contact fght about it. It's out and out threatening and attempt to embarrass people in to not questioning the propoganda of your organisation. It's just another reason why I depsise everything you stand for.

Why would I need to test my low level? I already know and admit it's low. It's those who claim greatness I want to see prove their thing. What's wrong with that?

Well, maybe we'll have a few clips to look at, see just what a seventh dan looks like.

8. Mr. O

Mr. O Valued Member

meh.

Was a good course today! We learned a good few NEW things and hopefully we'll be having more than one a year. So if anyone wants to come along next time there will be more notice for people!

Mike / Lau Gar Fist where did you scoot off to? I didnt get a chance to say "ta ta old bean!"

9. laugarfist

laugarfist New Member Supporter

My sister-in-law was cooking a Sunday lunch, couldn't miss that:). Thought I'd said bye to every one but to be honest I wasn't really with it. Thanks for hosting the course, John's skill is amazing and I learnt loads.

The more you can host the better. Easier than getting down to Brum. I'll look into holding one in Manchester as well if he is willing. Then even fq could attend lmao

10. Mr. O

Mr. O Valued Member

lol!

aye I noticed you were suffering (quite badly) but kudos for turning up! Loads of our guys cried off due to non valid reasons! lol!

Yeah hopefully we'll get them back up again soon, it was a good day I think even with my bloody trapped nerve, I tell you this keeping fit lark it more hassle than its worth!

11. CFT

CFT Valued Member

Tsk! You have unashamedly attacked UK Lau Gar as a fraud. Now you are so low level that you can't test yourself against practitioners of a fraudulent martial art?

I'm sure they won't gang up on you "Fist of Fury" style.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  12. NUKKY

NUKKY Valued Member

DAMN!!

i would have gone to that.thats what happens when you dont look at the forums that often i guess.....:rolleyes:

oh well,am going to the steve burton one on the 18th anyway so that wil give me some food for thought i'm sure!:)

13. laugarfist

laugarfist New Member Supporter

The tai chi applications one?

I may be there.

14. Freud > God

Freud > God Valued Member

Seriously dude your a wasteman, btw fyi he is not 7th dan his 7th degree. Lau Gar Is not karate.

If one claims greatness they do not need to prove that they are great, its upto you to disprove that greatness. You had the opportunity to do so yet you failed to even turn up. That makes you an even bigger wasteman.

15. Jamesm

Jamesm Outraged

That is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever seen on MAP. Pav, I've seen your showreel, you look skillful and strong. Don't waste your energies sticking up for people should already have proved themselves. There are plenty of "great" martial artists and instructors out there who aren't necesarilly heads of associations or "masters".
    Keep your eyes open, and don't get trapped into that cult-like thinking.

16. Freud > God

Freud > God Valued Member

cheers dude but i dont have the cult like thinking, i'm sure you know my views on the current standard of many BKFA schools. However John Russell is very good, the reason i say this is because much of what we train is his doing, its all traditional. Again, he has no desire to prove his kung fu, he just trains...no interest in money, he justs loves his training (to me this is what a good teacher should be). If you met him you'd understand, his skill is very good. He is responsible for the BKFA emphasis changing from competition to the gings and techniques.

He has proven himself to the lau gar world and many other martial artists, it just happens he doesn't film himself training. I'd deffo reccomend going on a course with him, his a great guy.

17. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

Apart from the ideas taken from karate, presumably? ;)

18. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Hmm.. now the truth is out there - you claim greatness for yourselves, but it's not up to you to prove that - it's up to others to disprove it. I think that's both the most stupid thing I've ever heard in terms of martial arts, and the most truly awful - it actually corrupts what is good and true, and replaces it with the logic of the liars, and the laughter of men who, well - stole the reputation of Quan for their own ends. Yeah, I think you're right - I think it is up to us to prove you're not what you say you are.

What's worse, I never even said anything about this man - I know nothing about him, I just asked for a video so I could see what a seventh dan lau gar guy looks like.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  19. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Are you familiar with the concept of "burden of proof?" If one makes a claim, it is up to them to provide evidence for and prove said claim. If you cannot do that, your claim will be dismissed just as it was made - without evidence.

The burden of proof. Not only is it a fact, it's a MAP policy:

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38492

20. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

This is what I'm arguing with:

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMlVSrutKQ[/ame]

I'm the idiot - I've been arguing with these people like they're even relevant.