Not recieving any notifications

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by CrowZer0, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

2. CrowZer0

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Patience people. Poor Saz has a full time job too.

4. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

FYI recieved a random notification for "4 out of 10 weomen..." thread

5. finite monkey

Notifications are coming thick and fast

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Bear with us guys, Saz is working on this now.

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

This should all be sorted now. Thanks for your patiences everyone.

8. Haakon

Haakon Valued Member

I received the notice for this thread, thanks Saz!

9. CrowZer0

Sorry, mine are still not working.

10. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Must be all those cat calls ;)

11. finite monkey

12. righty

righty Valued Member

Just a note to say I'm still not recieving any email updates.

13. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Me too. I hate email notices. I turn all of them off. on forums and on fb.

14. CrowZer0

One and a half months and still not receiving any, it's a bad thing cos I'm subscribed to quite a few, I might forget about a couple of threads if I don't get an email saying "so and so has just replied to". So I forget to keep up with them.

15. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I'm sure the admin will rush along any minute to apologise for inconveniencing you.

In the mean-time, if you go to your user cp, there is a link to give you a list of all threads you are currently subscribed to.

16. CrowZer0

An apology isn't neccesary. I think the MAP staff do an amazing job.

I'm aware of the User CP function. It's what I'm using now, but if I'm engaged in a certain thread and have to respond to something, I might get back on MAP a day or two later forgetting completely about a thread, or a reply, read something and forget what I was going to say, that's the only problem really.

17. Dan Bian

Dude, it's the internet. It doesn't really matter.

I'm sure other members aren't sitting, glued to their monitors, refusing food and water until they can read your thoughts on a subject.

18. finite monkey

yeah!

Email notification are a right not a privilege

I totally stand behind brother Crowzer0's right to have email notifications!

19. CrowZer0

Why are you even bothering to post? I have a problem with the site, I posted in the relevant section, I'm trying to see if it is just me or everyone else.

From what I understand it's a few people.

I'm trying to have the problem fixed and would appreciate anything the MAP staff do.

Dude, it's the internet. It doesn't really matter. Useless post.

I'm sure other members aren't sitting, glued to their monitors, refusing food and water until they can read your thoughts on a subject.

Whatever issue you have or are feeling aggravated about, take it out somewhere else.

Also notice, this was first posted on the 15h of May, my last post before today was the 8th of June, and today only because I saw Blade commented on it.

Would be nice if it was fixed, would be fine if I use the user cp for the rest of the time. Just saying there's a problem. (Not having a go at any staff or anything, great respect for the staff).

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  20. Dan Bian

Since you're posting your 'question' on a three/four-page long thread on this very subject, surely you would have noticed that, not only are other people experiencing the same issue, but that the admin team have said they are looking into it?? Surely you can appreciate they have lives away from serving your convenience?

Really?

This sounds more like you are badgering the admin to get this minor function working, because it's absence is causing you inconvenience. It's not down to you to try and have the problem fixed.

That would not be productive, since this issue at hand is that of an impatient child having a paddy because things are going how he wants them to. I don't see how taking this elsewhere would resolve anything? This issue is with your attitude regarding this topic, and I'm not going to start chasing you all over the boards about it.

Did it need to be posted? Surely the lack of outgoing emails from MAP is suggestive that the error has not, as yet, been corrected?

Sure, it would be cool if the issue was resolved, but I personally am fine using the UserCP option, as you state you are too. Why bring it up? Surely you don't need to state that there is a problem, since it has already been mentioned (on the 15th of May, as you state yourself)?
    I would question the respect you claim to have for the staff, since you are essentially telling them their business over a matter which they are already aware of and have taken in hand.

Perhaps you need to become more aware of how you come across in your postings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.