NOOOOOOOOO! (Robocop Remake)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Moosey, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

The Director for this new Robo is the dude that did Elite Squad, super bloody Police action flick from Brazil. Im assuming its studio intervention who made it PG.

2. scottius

scottius New Member

Gravity just looks horrible. I saw one advertisement about the characters being 370 miles up. But they are on the ISS which orbits at the 250 mark. Plus...what went wrong? A collision with space junk? Orbits are determined by angular velocity...and it ranges from several hundred miles to thousands. And the air resistance they're showing in the preview...at that orbit there would be so little air it couldn't provide any significant resistance...and remember the faster they go (i.e. the greater the friction) the more they pull away from Earth's gravity into a higher orbit with less air.

Sorry about the rant. Back to Robocop...no matter what they do they'll never be able to capture the awesomness I felt watching it on VHS at ten years old. So it already seems like a loosing battle for those of us who watched it as kids.

3. Zealot

Zealot Valued Member

Please be patient;I'm working on some material right now. :thinking:
    Seriously;if you've watched the trailer you've seen the whole of the movie only without the precise body count.

4. Zealot

Zealot Valued Member

It has literally gotten to the point in Hollywood's big name movie lineup that they are so bland and so unoriginal,I am actually looking more forward to Asylum Pictures' knockoff version,starring Michael Jai White.Its release coincides with Robo's release,but it seems more a knockoff of "Almost Human".

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AgZebTmtiY"]Trailer: Android Cop - YouTube[/ame]