Ninjukai Taijitsu - An Insiders Perspective

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by nostromogremlin, Apr 10, 2009.

1. garth

garth Valued Member

I think its time we stopped knocking Ninjukai as my 8 year old is a black belt in the art of Ninjukai.

Oh sorry mistake, hes a black belt in Nintendo. But I was close

Garth

2. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Er, do you have any evidence, written or otherwise to back that statement up Gary, huh, do ya!!!!!!!:hat::hat::hat:

3. garth

garth Valued Member

Norman

You might be a 15th dan in an x kan, buts he's on level 17 on X Box.

Garth

4. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

When he gets to Level 42 tell him the songs are rubbish.

5. behindthemask

behindthemask New Member

I had a good laugh reading the thread. I think I know the writer Nostromogremlin as i used to train with him. John Ang apparently had an affair with his ex wife Jo Cann. I think the writer found that out and I don't blame him for being utterly upset and and angry with John Ang.

6. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Can you prove that statement?

7. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

hmm now the cynical side of me is telling me that this is an attempt at discrediting the critic. Is that the case behindthemask?

8. Ladder

Ladder New Member

Thanks Nostro, im a former brown belt form ninjukai. I left for the same reasons to. The things you've said really ring true. I unfortunately it took a lot more years for me to discover the truth.

I would really appreciate if you could converse with me via email, as i have many questions, that if answered would help ease my mind.

Im new to the site and am unsure how to private msg. If you are more knowledgeable with the forum feature than i could you please contact me.

Thanks.

9. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

i agree, simply an attempt to discredit. the post following is another ang student, who is a "believer" trying to information gather imo. just a bit sus.:rolleyes:

"oh jee, he"s bitter about his x wife, he must have made everything up"

by the sounds of things ang would have been wanting to charge her for the pleasure anyway, nothing for nothing, and she needs to wear a headband(which also has to be purchased)
    but if he was charging by the cm it probably wouldn't have been too expensive, :hat:

10. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

Dean and hatsie: SPOT ON.

Oooooooo...supposedly someone made whoopie with the poster's ex-wife. Naturally, the OP was so filled with emotional fury and anger he decided to sit down and compose a good ten-page Letter to the Editor. Yup, that's EXACTLY what any angry man would do, given the circumstances.

Anyway, I've decided to be very helpful to our poor, distraught "Ladder" and offer up some editing commentary. !

Thanks Nostro, im [a.) That's "I" as in "I" am. CAPITALIZE the word "I" when used as a personal pronoun. b.) Where's the apostrophe indicating a contraction?] a former [Why the use of the word "former"? Did you suddenly have your belt stripped from you? Are the things you learned suddenly forgotten?] brown belt form [typo] ninjukai. I left for the same reasons to. [you just misspelled a THREE LETTER WORD. That's "too", not "to". Please remember to check for middle-school spelling errors.] The things you've said really ring true. [I'm sure they do. What "things" ring true? Why the confession?] I [What's with the word "I" just hanging out here?] unfortunately [remember a comma after transition words such as "unfortunately"] it took a lot [ "a lot" is not appropriate for a college level paper. Please choose a specific word.] more years for me to discover the truth. [This is just too much information here that does not move your argument forward. It sounds fake, like you're trying to elicit sympathy in the reader, but it comes across as a tinny, hollow cliche of the sort one might see in a soap opera. It attempts to make your situation seem all the more grave, because you suffered an even greater fate due to all those "years" it took you to "discover" the "truth". ]

I would really appreciate if you could converse with me [who the hell says "converse"? it's too formal for this format]via email, as i have many questions, that if answered would help ease my mind. [If your mind is so troubled might I suggest you consult a licensed therapist instead?]

Im new to the site and am unsure how to private msg. [ This comes across as a transparent attempt to gain the OP's email address by eliciting some sort of sympathy for you, as you cast yourself as a technologically challenged person] If you are more knowledgeable with the forum feature than i could you please contact me. [Maybe he can PM you and THEN you can ask for his email address]

Thanks. [No name?]

And, I don't think garth is trying to blast the Bujinkan. He raises very questions from a research standpoint. There is nothing wrong with questioning such things. Seriously. People question the good they do at their jobs. They question whether or not they're being good parents. They question their marriages. What's wrong with questioning a martial art? One of the main things garth is trying to point out, I think, is that just because a belief has been held for a long time, does not always make it so. And, conversely, just because that belief is questioned, does not make ones loyalty/faith/commitment etc. any less.

I don't know, but his questions seem fair to me, esp. with congrats to Nutjob for the rephrase that I feel puts it into good perspective.

Cheers,

Snake P.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  11. Ladder

Ladder New Member

Thanks Snake i really enjoyed that. :cool:

12. garth

garth Valued Member

Snake Pliskin posted

Spot on, I even question myself. You should see some of the conversations we have.

Garlum

13. snake_plisskin

Absolutely, garlum.

What have I got in my pocket, anyway?

Yup, Ladder, I can be really, really harsh with editing, but thanks for not going ballistic. Seriously, though, you do come across as a "plant" who suddenly appeared online to try to get info on the original poster.

I just think that conversations such as you are trying to foster may be better served with proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling, which can help make ones argument seem less emotion-driven, and more driven by reason and logic (although there is clearly a place for emotional argumentation and persuasion as well--usually with a friendly, agreeable audience). As a teacher of English composition I know this is "merely" an online forum, but it's also a written forum. And, one way to help an argument is by employing well-thought, oft-revised use of the written word to minimize errors.

--sp

14. Ladder

Ladder New Member

Snake.

I know what you mean about me sounding like I'm a "plant", I'm always doubtful of new people with low posts when i read forums.

Im not very into forums, or writing for that mater. I've read a hundred posts on John Ang been a fraud but this was the first to sound like it could be backed up. Im not trying to reveal the posters identity, i think i already know how he is from talking to other x-members. I would just like to speak to Nos as i have questions, questions that come from devoting a substantial portion of your life following the teachings of a fraud.

As for your english lesson, i thought it was gold. Your critiquing was done in quite a charming way, rather than an abusive manner of which i often see in forums. I've tried to take more care with this post but by all means feel free to edit me again.

Ladder

15. snake_plisskin

Ladder, you are quite kind; reading what I wrote a second time, I would have better referred to myself as a (cough) "horse's ass" :hat:. One thing I forget is that you, Ladder, as many people here, could have been writing the post from a workstation at your job during a short break, where clearly speed/rushing to get things done, is of the essence. A fair shake, then, to you.

But, yes, a low post count usually raises strange suspicions, but what the hey: I don't know Mr. Ang from Adam, so, for my part, the entire point is, I guess, really moot.

One thing I wonder is how this thread is relevant to other issues in this forum. Meaning, maybe I've been away too long, but I've never heard this school or Mr. Ang (the only "Ang" with whom I'm familiar is film director Ang Lee) mentioned on this site before. Surely a "search" is in order for me.

Anyway, good luck with any PM's, emails, or what have you, to all--and hey, I'm off to read other threads that deal with matters "closer to home", so to speak.

Cheers,

Snakes Alive!

16. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Glad you two kissed and made up:)

17. Ur Anaite

Ur Anaite tabi cos only 2 toes

Snake, how can you be an english teacher when you install so many comas' in your sentence. 6 per sentence?!? :eek:
    (thanks, I have always wanted to tell someone off for using too many of those ever since I got bagged for it by my mum a month ago.)

18. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

Does that mean we get to tell you off for improper use of an apostrophe (and spelling)?

It must be terribly difficult for Snake to post those long posts of his if he is dropping into a coma six times while typing it.

19. Ur Anaite

Ur Anaite tabi cos only 2 toes

You don't need to. I am not an english teacher, spring more typos than a 1000 monkeys infront of the keyboard and the apostrophe positioning does my head in... I guess I was indicating that the coma owned the word "in"

anyway:topic: sorry :topic:

20. snake_plisskin

I just try to emulate H.P. Lovecraft's "Supernatural Horror in Literature" when I write, bazillion commas, paragraph-long sentences, and all. All those years spent playing Call of Cthulhu have managed to rot my brain...

I'm also a big fan of kissing and making up. After all, kissing is fun!

Cheers,

nskea [spelling error!]

P.S. the OP's name is nostromogremlin. Are we to take it this is a euphemism for a "baby Alien" aboard the space ship Nostromo in the movie ALIEN?