New Legislation

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by ka7ana, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Bouk Teef

Bouk Teef Valued Member

Dale, do you lobby for the NRA? (At this point I would add a smilie but they aren't working!!!) :)

Perhaps one of the reasons why the UK doesn't have the violent crime levels of the US is because of a certain amount of control. I think there is a balance to be had between letting little Johnny buying an Uzi and forbidding responsible Joe from buying a toothpick.

2. Mufty

Mufty New Member

Interesting check out item 47 as it has been recognised that the martial arts require the use of these items, and that exemption in one or another can be sought.

We had the same problem here in the UK in the 1980's, the British Gvmnt' wanted to ban knives and other martial arts related weapons.

As martial artists here we lobbied our MP's , by sending in letters, explaining the situation. Although people are being cut and stabbed with stanly knives, hammers screwdrivers ect, ect, why should the Martialartist suffer, for lip service. The criminal justuice act of 1988 was amended to include many Ninjutsu items, butterfly knives, and the like, This CJA of 1972 apples to England Scotland and Northern Ireland. So it's been covered.

Any way write letters to your SMP, especially the Lady who has instigated this.

Remember that its political rangling, apeasing the masses who do not venture out.

If you want to save the right to use your weapons for legitimate training, you must lobby.

3. ka7ana

ka7ana Valued Member

We have managed to be included as part of the consultation process and have drafted a response. It will be interesting to see what happens.

4. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

I wouldn't mention the "N" word if I were you!!!

5. ka7ana

ka7ana Valued Member