Nervous about a Grading...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Travess, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

...and it's not even mine!

Back in April of this year, my Instructor and I started a Children's Karate class, aimed at 4-12 year olds, which took off much quicker than either of us had expected (already moved venue once, due to quickly running out of space in the 1st) Anyway, I digress...

...Fast forward 4 months, and we are ready to hold our 1st ever Grading (1st one with me on the 'other' side of the panel at least) and I do not think my Grading related butterflies have previously ever flapped this hard - a feeling that is seriously compounded, by the fact that my own little girl will also be taking part! My initial plan was to excuse myself from the panel, when her group is called up, but she told me today "I'd be very sad, if you didn't watch my Grading Daddy", which has put pay to that idea! :bang:

Anyway, just wanted to vent a little, and this seemed like the ideal place to lay it all out...

Regards,

Travess

2. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Been there , hated it.
    Don't worry , it's totally normal.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Hope everything goes well, for both of you.

4. Travess

Cheers guys, appreciate it - At this stage, I think if she doesn't pass, she is gonna handle it a whole hell of a lot better than I am...! :dunno:

Regards,

Travess

5. ned

ned Valued Member

Good luck ! (relax,you're allowed to grade and be a proud dad :) )

6. Travess

That I am, that I always shall be (unless she ends up like me of course, then she is out! Lol) - Cheers Ned.

Regards,

Travess