My training to be a legend XD (pardon the cocky title, just to encourage myself)

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Mugen Zero, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

Day 1, night time, currently training by strapping 1.25kgs to my legs and start walking around with it(I know it's really light XD, but my mother is against me carrying weights as she fears it wil stun my growth, so i started with something light.)hoping to add more to my weight shoes though :3

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

You shouldn't walk around with weights attached to your limbs. Not your arms or legs. It will cause problems. It's ok to use them for shadow boxing as long as you're using good technique, but it will put awkward strain on your ligaments and bones if you're wearing them around all day. You're not Goku or Piccolo wearing weighted everything all day :p.

3. Ero-Sennin

Don't apologize for the title of your thread either. You came onto MAP with certain ideas and sought out information and than almost instantly changed direction and formulated more realistic goals in line with what you wanted to achieve. You're also constantly seeking out knowledge and you're young. Apologize for nothing, you've got a lot going for you between your willingness to be open to new ideas and a willingness to drop your old ideas for newer ones.

I would only warn about being gullible and to make sure you fact check anything people suggest to you whether they are absolutely right or disastrously wrong. It's a good habit to get into for success.

Good luck with the log.

4. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

the weights are off !! XD

5. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

thanks for the warning

6. Ero-Sennin

I expect a 10,000 word count essay with 5 references from health/fitness articles of a scientific nature explaining why walking around with weights on the ends of your limbs is bad for you. :D

7. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

Indeed, don't apologise; just re-read your posts 7 years later and cringe at how naive and cocky you were :p. I jest of course :D.

8. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

He may not be, but I am!

*says the guy who goes shopping with weighted jacket*

:p

To be fair though, I've noticed if I spend too long going on reasonable walks (couple of miles) with weights on my ankles that my knees start to grumble after a while. I don't know if that's because it changes the walking dynamic and stops me rolling my heels properly or something else, but it does cause grumbling galore.

Anyway, good luck with the log dude, we'll be watching :)

9. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

it's because it's heavy. why do you think obese people have knee problems? :p

nothing wrong with weighted walking per se, though, just don't do it for too long at first and try not to stomp around while doing it.

10. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Are you suggesting I'm obese?! :woo: :lowblow: :yeleyes:

:p

Ironically I have no problems doing it wearing my 20kg jacket, but give me a couple of 1kg/2kg ankle weights to walk with and I have problems. I'm thinking it might be the walking mechanic rather than the weight :)

11. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

yeah, that might be a factor, IME usually knees start to complain when the feet come down too heavily. a more shuffle-like gait might be more appropriate for ankle weights, to prevent you from stomping around.

12. Ero-Sennin

(start a new thread guys! Mugen's entire first page of his log has been hijacked! lol)

@ Mugen, is this your first log? If it is I suggest browsing through some of the other logs on MAP. Some good ones to get some ideas from would be SoKKlab, Seiken Steve (he's a personal trainer) and Van Zandt (he's competing currently) . There are others also but those are the ones I regularly read, no offense meant to anyone else's log. Not I didn't put my log in there because I think mine is horrible as far as what a log should be :p.

13. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Sokklab is probably the best lo to read and he's super awesome at giving advice

Get working with bodyweight exercises man! (I recommended body weight 666 as a program)