My second N-Class fight is near!

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Unreal Combat, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Yeah it's a pretty big event. It's a professionally run, fully UKMF sanctioned event with proper officials, some decision bouts, Team GB trials, DVD, etc.

I think most other Interclubs are smaller as far as I know. My first had about 30 fights through the day.

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

88 fighters, assuming 44 fights on this one

3. Unreal Combat

Assuming no one pulls out of any of the fights. They're also looking for a matchup for one of our guys as well who is over 100kg. So possibly more to add yet.

But it's all good...

[​IMG]

4. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Relax and have fun brother no pressure:)

5. Unreal Combat

Thank you my friend! :)

6. belltoller

Of course you volunteer to step up if they can't find a match for him? ;)

Seriously though, have the best time of your life, no worries, then!

7. Unreal Combat

It would be entertaining. We spar a lot and he finds my speed hard to deal with. Technically I'm also of better ability but he'd have height advantage and a massive 30-40kg weight advantage. He's well composed aswell. If he gets me in clinch I'd be done. :)

His last N-Class match was the best fight of the event. He showed everyone why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. ;)

Wouldn't go against someone if my own team though. Haha.

Will enjoy it, will be a good day out! Thanks. :)

8. daggers

daggers Valued Member

Just for the record your doing a no decision interclub

n class fight is always decision shin pads are worn no knee or elbow to head
    C class fight is decision no shin pads no knee or elbow to head
    B class fight decision 5 x 2 mins no elbow
    A class fight decision 5 x 3 mins full rules

A lot of people make the mistake of saying they have had fights when in fact it's an interclub where the power is controlled and the reff will over see this

It's great for experience and building up to your first N class fight

All the best with it :)

9. Unreal Combat

I stated clearly it was No Decision Interclub several times already.

This is a UKMF event so I go by what's stated on the promoters (who is the Amateur Vice President of the UKMF) website.

http://www.singto.co.uk/Fighters/Fighters.htm

As you can see quite clearly, as listed, I am fighting under what he deems to be N-Class rules.

So if it's wrong blame them. :)

From what I remember from one of our lads first C-Class fight, what you deem as N-Class is just C-Class with Shinguards.

At this point I'm not really bothered mind. Got more important things to do today than worry about the technicality of what a fight is or isn't. :)

Thanks. :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  10. daggers

daggers Valued Member

I know you stated it was non decision, as lots of people are reading this I was mearly trying to clear up any confusion and maybe bring a little understanding to how the system works
    To those who have no idea
    All the best

11. Unreal Combat

Actually I stand corrected. He's the Amateur Vice President of the UKMF!

Fixed! :)

12. daggers

daggers Valued Member

Fixed is ironic, it reminds me of a decision change against wakling a while back at the hands of a vice president
    What Rudkin does in his personal interclubs is one thing but 99% of the uk thai community regard N class as a decision bout with shin pads
    Anything else is either an interclub or demo bout

13. Unreal Combat

I don't really care to be quite honest mate. I'm here to share the fun of my day, not split hairs over definitions of class rulings that I have no control over.

Anyway I'm at Cambridge now folks. Yay! :D

14. daggers

daggers Valued Member

Good on you
    Enjoy the day

15. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

There better be a vid, dude! :D

16. Unreal Combat

They banned the use of cameras and camcorders here. Global building rule by the look of it. Going to try and ninja the bout on video, but if not I will be getting the DVD.

Bouts have accumulated a delay of 20 minutes so now I'm not on until 19.20. Weighed in at 82kg, which was a nice surprise as I self weighed in at 83kg yesterday.

In other news I will be likely taking my first C-Class fight in May if everything goes forward.

17. belltoller

There's also an 'AM' class - amateur but the rules are a bit confusing. As in 'A' Class, knees and elbows to the head, but every piece of body armour save for headgear must be worn; shin guards, elbow pads, etc.

I suppose if MT ever makes it to the Olympics ( I hope not, ruin it ) it would be useful

18. daggers

daggers Valued Member

Yea I agree
    amateur muaythai in my opinion shouldn't exist or be called something else but that's another story

19. Unreal Combat

Well one gym didn't show so everything got moved forward towards the end. I ended up fighting a different fighter than scheduled on the fight card.

Was pretty well balanced, forced the ref to stop the fight in round 1 after a knee and uppercut dazed my opponent. He carried on though, all credit to him. He landed his fair share of shots including two nice hooks but I took them well and didn't let them phase me.

Will upload the video when I get home as we managed to ninja a capture.

Was good fun. :D

20. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Awesome job dude :D

So what's the arrangement with the tournaments you enter? Do you have to fill out your own application form and turn up under your own steam, does the club you're with organise it all for you, etc?

Also, now you've had your fight, is there anything different you might have done with your training beforehand, or do you think you had the balance right?