My Ronin Pic

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kof_Andy, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

2. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

i like sword09 and sword01 the best. that is some of the best photography i have ever seen, good job.

3. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

No tamishigiri pics?

I'm not completely familiar with iaido, only a bit of iaijutsu I have been around. Do iaido practioneers practice tamishigiri?

4. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Yeah the do practice tameshigiri but I think he was just doing photography with his stunt man back ground :D.

Awesome pics man!!

5. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Nah I just wanted a outdoor feel. I dont practice tamishigiri, with the proper technique it will cut surely. Tamishigiri is done in testing, and demonstartion. It is not something someone would practice normally. Beside my sensei's aginst it and I can see why from his point of view. Tamishigiri is the evil side of kenjutsu. Little things like that can lead to one and another, eventually you'll be replacing your tatami mats with fruits, animals, and even people. And thats exactly what the japanese did during the asian domination in WWII. They were practicing tameshigiri on people, and raping the women.

6. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Ack! I'll be sure and let Mosley Sensei know this because he's been talking about starting into tamishigiri, that is, as soon as we get a few things squared away. I'd hate one day we're cuttin tatami and the next day he brings in a bound human and remarks that we have something new to practice our cuts on....jk

Anyway, nice pics.

7. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

lol cool :D :D hehe you shoulda been in the seven samurai ;) hehe looks very traditional... nice 1!

IMGP0212 is one of my fave :)

8. Romantic

Romantic Martial Prowess

Nice Pictures

Hey, nice pictures Andy. Where were you at anyway? And by the way, who is that girl that you took a picture with and what type of traditional dress was she in?