My first adult division tournament..advice plz

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Ayakaru, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Ayakaru

Ayakaru New Member

My 18th birthday is fast approaching. About a week after, I'm entering my 4th tournament. It will be my first tournament in adult division. I am very very nervous..and I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers...

2. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

First off, relax. Make sure you breathe. Keep your hands up just as you have done before. Other then that, have a great time and good luck!

3. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

happy bday in advance.

yeah what narcsarge said, just keep your cool, remember the adrenaline will be pumping so you wont feel it even if u get smashed :p
    but yeah just have fun and dont forget your combo's

4. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

What art do you take? I don't no if you did in the junior event but don't be surprised if you get hit in the face if its against the rules and no points will get taken away or it stopped.

5. essentrik1

essentrik1 Valued Member

Yeah, they tend to let things go a little more in the adult divisions. I went up in adult divisions before I was required to and I have to say, it was definately different. I got beat around a little more than I would have if I had waited, but it was worth it. Same fighting and everything. The adults just tend to be a little more serious.

6. Ayakaru

Ayakaru New Member

I take Kenpo Karate. We don't allow hits to the face...but..it's still common. We fight sort of rough. I've had my nose,fingers, and toes broken and eyes blacked several times. Hee hee..it's so much fun though! Thank you so much for your advice. Oh, yeah! Thanks for the happy birthday!

7. GoBigDaddy

GoBigDaddy New Member

keep your cool don't get rattled i am 23 and my next tournament is the 29th in my last tournament there were 2 first time adult division fighters the first I chased around the mat literraly the whole match cause i hit him hard right out of the gate then there was one who knocked someone out his first match but ended up losing overall, be the second guy, do not be intimidated, confidence is key (just win overall) :) and above all else have fun, remember pain heals chicks dig scars but glory lasts forever