My area has too many martial arts clubs but I have nowhere to train

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by ronki23, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

Why should I train with people I want to fight in the future?

By the way; let's resurrect an old debate. LAU GAR POINTFIGHTING

Jeremy Yau invented this style; what's known as Lau Gar is part of Hung Ga in China. It's different to what Yau created. Pointfighting is counterproductive:

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

What is this raging nonsense of a thread?

Any given area will have as many clubs as that area will support. Could be 1, could be 100. If they get enough students through the door to stay viable they continue. Of they don't they stop.
    I have never heard anyone complaining about too many clubs locally. It's usually the opposite problem.
    And let's face it...with the multiple problems and stipulations you seem to impose on yourself you sound like you need as many clubs as you can find.

3. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

What is this raging nonsense of a thread?

Any given area will have as many clubs as that area will support. Could be 1, could be 100. If they get enough students through the door to stay viable they continue. Of they don't they stop.
    I have never heard anyone complaining about too many clubs locally. It's usually the opposite problem.
    And let's face it...with the multiple problems and stipulations you seem to impose on yourself you sound like you need as many clubs as you can find.

Dan Bian likes this.
  5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

We have the point fighting discussiom elsewhere and firmly established it doesnt suck you just suck at it

Hope this helps jog your memory

axelb and Dan Bian like this.
  6. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

To get an idea of their ability, their habits and tells?

bassai and Hannibal like this.
  7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Sifu Singh (one of Hannibal's instructors) has something called I train.

You are lazy - I train

You make excuses - I train

And so it goes on.

Go train, don't make excuses and for sure you aren't going to beat anyone sat on your backside.

Meanwhile guess what?

They train, hence lessening your chance of beating them anyway.

Finally, I'm about to go training. You however will continue to be a keyboard warrior.

You could however turn off MAP, call a class and arrange your first lesson.

8. Simon

Sitting on your backside is counter productive.

Dan Bian and Hannibal like this.
  9. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Winter is here

SNOWFLAKES....

bassai, Dan93, Dan Bian and 2 others like this.
  10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Interestingly the OP is a big thatcher fan..........

Right wing snowflakes..... Its always someone's else's fault!

Hannibal likes this.
  11. Simon

I have returned from training and am now 1 day better.

Just saying. :D

12. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

Actually I am halfway to black in both kickboxing and Japanese ju jitsu. In judo I am 6th kyu.

If my first kickboxing club was good then I wouldn't still be put into novices despite blue belt. Hence the club was crap when the club I DON'T get along with has their green belts fighting in WAKO/WKU/ISKA black belt categories. Even their orange belts win local black belt competitions.

I have nowhere local to train judo because the other judo club is part of an MMA gym where I don't get along with one BJJ student (who'se the head of this rival kickboxing club but only a blue belt BJJ despite Chin Na and Ju Jitsu experience), and one of the BJJ instructors at that other MMA gym (again, he's trained at at least 3 clubs).

I don't wish to return to the kickboxing club I was kicked out of because of 2 reasons: 1. I want to fight one of the guys from my first club who for some reason comes to my club and 2. I want to do K-1 not pointfighting.

Obviously if I want to fight MMA i'd have to do that but I have nowhere to do MMA because one of the guys who beat me in kickboxing wrestles at my MMA club.

STICK TO YOUR OWN CLUB!

13. ronki23

ronki23 Valued Member

Fortunately for you the people you want to fight from other clubs probably don't train at your club. I don't know why people can't STICK TO THEIR OWN CLUB!

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Just quoting myself in case you missed it (it was at the end of thee last page)

Hannibal and axelb like this.
  15. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

STICK OF THE BAN is being warmed up .....

Dan Bian, Hannibal and axelb like this.
  16. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

This!

Spoken like a champion.

I run with people who have a slow pace and often complain about how slow they are.
    I always say they are lapping everyone on the sofa.

Slowly grinding, days becomes weeks become years.
    Master the keyboard or something else, it's up to you.

aaradia and Hannibal like this.
  17. Hannibal

"Half way to black" - that is an over-inflated way of saying "blue belt"....that is ironically in keeping with your ego and the rest of the stuff you post.

People who are WAY better than you mix and cross train at different clubs all the time - and are successful in doing so

Again the clubs are not the issue, you are and until you accept this simple fact you will be forever condemned to a martial career of sub-mediocrity if you are lucky

Smaug97 likes this.
  18. Hannibal

SINK SINK SINK!!!!

Simon likes this.
  19. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Obviously you could not, given that they have won.

Behaving childish will probably help in the future.

Uhu.
    What makes you think, you will win then?
    Because they kickboxers don't grapple, whereas you do or something?

And there is no way, you might have gotten it wrong?
    And even if not, see above: If you acted there, like you do here, I wouldn't have given you the opportunity on the same day either.

Guess what - a belt doesn't say anything about actual ability when sparring/ fighting.

I don't get that one.
    You are member of club A.
    Club B wants you to join.
    You say no.
    So club A kicks you out?

This might be a shock to you, but comparing yourself to professionals doesn't make any sense. At all.

Why should they not.
    Last competition, my coach broke his leg.
    And now, shocker: People of a lot of other clubs wished him well! Crazy, right?!

So there are people who train in two clubs?
    So what?
    As long as they have clear for which club everyone starts or as long as the people that are actually involved (hint: Not you!) don't mind, I don't see a problem.
    At all.

Don't worry, that would mean to actually go train and not to whine about the clubs, that are all mean to you.

And you're still not a pro.
    Still not even close.
    So this cheap name dropping doesn't even make sense here.

If there are that many clubs, they obviously manage to keep them and therefore having people to join.
    You can go mimimi all you want.
    And why not travel to clubs out of town?
    You should and train at some point in a more serious way, and you might find out, that there is lots to learn, because different clubs do things differently.

Seriously, how old are you again?
    You start sounding like a cranky eight year old.

Yes, you do.
    You just think you are too good or special.
    Which you are not.

Why should you learn to write, if you only want to read.
    Really, if you can't answer that question of your own, it's probably better, that you look for excuses and don't train.

Why?
    Don't like the answers so far?

I returned as well.
    Unfortunately my day told me, that I really should reconsider to grade in Kickboxing and Karate in roughly two weeks xD

Or you could face the facts, that a belt doesn't say anything about ability.
    I feel like a broken LP.

And that is a problem - why?
    If he doesn't even do Judo - no problem.
    If he does Judo - you are supposed to train not to marry.
    Childish, again.

You want to fight a lot for someone who doesn't go train to learn it.

Afraid he might beat you again?
    Or just mimimi again?

Well, when he trains there, even though it might be more than one club, that he does exactly that.
    Just saying.

Well, if they were to fight in his club, they wouldn't only be fighting in others club but at least two and therefore stick to their clubs.

And unfortunately for PiP: He isn't a whiny prat, that looks for excuses, but goes train even if he isn't best friend with the other.
    Like people do, once they're older then 8-12 years old.
    It's called, among other things, priorities.

Smaug97 and Hannibal like this.
  20. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note: Please remember to express your opinion without devolving into personal attacks. One outright attack and several others really on the verge of crossing the line here. Let's take a second and look over your post to make sure it is in line with our TOS before hitting send. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.