My 2p Intro

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by stubbyd, Aug 2, 2010.

1. stubbyd

stubbyd Valued Member

So - this is my little bit about me ...

Ex long term judo practioner and son of a judo instructor! Last serious doing was over 20yrs ago and I'v ealways wanted to do a more (as I see it) offensive art.

So jump forward to last year and I'm just getting over a serous back problem and don't want to leave it too much longer before committing to doing something. So last September / October I and my two littlies (ages 8 and 10 now) started in Tang Soo Do.

Currently we are only able to train once a wekk due to my job (shifts) and consequently we've only got to 7th Gup (or Orange belt with Green tag) whereas had I been able to do more we'd be on our Green or 6th Gup now.

Longer term goal is for me to attaint my black belt - or at least very close to it by the time I'm 50. Even with shifts I think this is doable but time will tell. Oh, I should add I'm 47 in October.

What else ...

I'm based in South Wales and I dabble in most anything but love rugby, reading (thrillers, cold war, sci-fi, etc) 10 pin bowling, cricket, messing with computers (it's also my job), etc ....

There - very briefly that' sme.

Do ask any questions ....!

Stubster

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome to MAP stubster :)

Mitch

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Nice intro, welcome to MAP.

Work too hard, back problem, you already sound like one of us.:)

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Speak for yourself:rolleyes:

Welcome to Map Welshy:cool:

5. stubbyd

stubbyd Valued Member

Didn't say I worked too hard :) but long hours on silly shifts.

6. stubbyd

stubbyd Valued Member

Ta - though Welsh I'm not but probably have 75% of me as a herditary Welsh via my Mum who was born in Blaenau Ffestiniog. Still, it is the place I've lived in for the longest time (some 22yrs now) and I married a Welsh girl and my 3 children are Welsh but strictly speaking I'm from over the border.

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

......and me:cool: Up north though

8. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

Welcome to Map!

I feel a bond with anyone who has done Judo. It's such a beautiful art that only someone who experienced it can know what I mean :)

9. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

Hi there! And welcome to MAP! :)

10. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Welcome to MAP. Enjoy the ride. :cool:

11. stubbyd

stubbyd Valued Member

Aye ... I do miss my judo but know that my body couldn't take the strain now. It is serving me well though as I frequently utilise the first ever thing I was taught in judo - how to fall.

Also I think in my 2nd or 3rd week of Tang Soo Do my Ma'am was demonstrating what she called a forward roll - we newbies were told we didn't have to do them but I jumped right in because it was identical to a judo roll.

12. elephruit

elephruit Wocka wocka!

Heyheyhey stubbyd welcome to map!