Mushroom workout LOLs

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Mushroom, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Bench press (bar only) x15

Bench - 60kg x8x3

Inclined dumbell bench 15kg x10x3
    20kgx3 (failed)

Dumbell Flyes - 10kgx10x3

Cable pull up x10x3

20 pushups

2. Mushroom

Assisted Pull-ups - 10x3

Bent Over Rows - 50kg x8x2
    - 60kg x8x1

Deadlift - 60kgx8x2
    - 70kgx5x1

T-Bar row - 50kgx8x3 (single arm)

Pulldown - 50kgx10x3

Cable Pull - 30kgx10x3

3. Mushroom

MUAY THAI!

(Sunday)

Warm up

Running, Push Ups, (diamond, wide grip, behind back clapping)
    Sit ups - punching, elbows, crunches, obliques, leg raises

Worked on quite a few elbow combos, a few newbs so assisted with some defence work and technique, in regards to hip rotation.

Sparring. Didnt do too bad, considering havent sparred since January. Walked through a headkick and deliberately "zombied" forward as recently have been having issues in regards to looking/turning away during a strike.

Fun fun fun!

4. Mushroom

Muay Thai!

Conditioning.

Ball throws to wall
    Pushups on Bosu
    Ropes (have a very blurry pic of me doing it)

Drills: Counters and Pad Work

Sparring 30mins, 1min rounds (obviously not in one go)

5. Mushroom

Clearest Picture I got.

I did the "DNA" (as shown) and also the double whip, which was like doing a Hulk Smash :)

Attached Files:

6. Mushroom

Once again, for those who browse through this thread and giggle at all the things I'm doing wrong. I apologise for not keeping this one up.

Today was double training day. Muay Thai and KF. Throughout the week I've been weight training, even broke my best in Shoulder Shrugs @ 110kg (previous was 100kg) though it was with poor technique.

The weight was pulling me down and forward. Had to do a mini deadlift to straighten my body back up just to keep shrugging. :)

Anyway..... even after a couple of weeks my sparring is still improving. I took such a long time off, I re-developed "newbie" habits of looking away while getting hit. So the idea to get rid of it? Spar more, look forward and get hit in the face.

Seems to work. but my head hurts.....

next post: Mushroom's Journey to the A&E

7. Mushroom

Max Day!

Coach decided to just go heavy.

Chest
    Bench Press - 60kg x8x1 - previous max
    70kgx10x1
    80kgx8x1

Incline Dumbbell Bench - 25kg(each) x8x3

Cable X-over - 5plates* x10x3

*not sure how much that is, usually I stick 3plates and thats my max

50 pushups (for the lulz)

8. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

your coach still adding weight and not telling you whart you lifting till after huh?

9. Mushroom

Lol, this time he told me what he was loading on. I noticed something was wrong when he was using TWO hands to pick up a plate.

(hes 75kg and benches 120kg)

Today: 1.5hr 1-1 Muay Thai training, learn so much quicker that way. No KF training as I have work straight after :(

10. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Where do you do your MT training?

11. Mushroom

Gary, today was at the base. They knocked it down but theres a basketball court and some mats.

but usually on a Sunday its at Westminster Uni, Oxford Circus. Coach is looking for another place, hopefully this time with a ring to use.

I have friends who train/fight under Urban Kings in Kings Cross and they keep asking me to come as I train MT there as I've been there a few times already. Just needing to find a time.

12. Mushroom

Long long break from proper training due to lots of home issues.
    Still managing to get some Muay Thai sessions in. My body shots are coming in nicely...but still have some knee issues. Wobbles when i have a hard impact. I tend to worry about my knee rather than throw combinations.

Weightliftibg is going well... I'm keeping a regular but forget to update all the time. Lots of comments from friends family that my body shape has changed.

On a current plan where Im going to gain muscle mass to about 91kg...then spend about 6 months to cut down to 75kg. Which should be more my fighting weight

13. Mushroom

ROWING MACHINE - 10mins - 2000m

CYCLE MACHINE - 15mins

SIT UPS -
    10 (Jab Crossx2 per rep)
    10 (Elbows x2 per rep)
    10 (Decline)

V SITS - 2x 10reps

JUMP/SWITCH LUNGES - 2x10 reps

BURPEES w/MT knees (instead of jumping jacks)
    Set 1 - 20
    Set 2 - 10 (knee went pop)

Push Ups - 20
    Push Ups - 20 (twisting)

14. Mushroom

Have been training, but without my usual gym buddy my lifts were pretty low with more sets/high reps.

Finally back together with my spotter, started lifting heavier again.

2 days ago: Chest

Bench - 60kg x8 x3
    20kg(bar) x15 - loosening up

Incline Bench - 40kgx8 x3

Skullcrush* 20kg db - x10 x3

DB flyes - 20kg - x10x3

Pushups(on knees) x50

*think its called skullcrushers...you lie on your back on bench, hold db with both hands, guide db "over" and past head and back to chest area.
    ==
    Yesterday

Pullups - 10x2

T-Bar row - 60kg x8x3

Bent over row - 60kg x8x3

Deadlift - 60kg x8
    70kg x8
    110kg x6x2

Ok funny story about the sudden jump in DL weight. Basically we did the math wrong. We thought we were doing 90kg (my pb was 80) but we forgot to add the weight of the bar. We noticed after the first set, my gym bud does it easily as hes pro. But when I did it, I didnt feel too bad. (went a bit dizzy tho) So did the 2nd set as is..wont be going near that weight again soon.

Boxing class (right after the above)

Interestingly, as I always said about PakMei our stance is similar to a boxing stance, the way our feet and elbows are kept in, especially in Jik Bo (which is essentially a walking jab/cross). This proved difficult for me as soon as I placed gloves and shorts on, I go auto into Muay Thai mode.

So I had to find a balance between the 2. Which I giggled to myself as I spent so long actually trying to separate the 2 when I train...only to bring the 2 back together. Power gen just the same though.

Bit of sparring, where my bad habit of dropping my head works well here (as no threat of getting kicked/knee) and also working the ring. Deliberately getting myself into the corner and then seeing how to get out.

Now hungry.

86kg....only 2kg to lose in about a month till the comp :D

15. Mushroom

Today I get an email stating I have a boxing bout. Amateur rules. 3x 2min rounds at 84kg on 25 Jan'13.
    As I'm still walking around at 86kg (+/-) I've accepted and now have the arduous task of trying to fit even more training around my hectic schedule.
    (work/life/hobbies/MAP)

I have 2 months to work on 2 things...cardio - an issue due to my knee, equals no running which is the best for it. So its more intense on other CV exercises and movement, also a knee related issue but its more on making my combos flow better as well as counter punching.
    Apparently my head movement is the best weapon I have, but tends to disappear as I tire.
    Another critique (though everyone is confused whether its good or bad). But it tends to take a round for me to "warm up".
    A common quote I hear is "You get better as you go along" As good as that sounds, the coaches has mentioned that it gives the 1st round confidence to the other guy and in the event of a "close decision" it can play against me.

Will see how it goes.

The biggest challenge is diet. Its been well recorded that due to my shift work and love of chocolate as well as being a descendant of Chinese Chefs, eating "correctly" has never been my strong point. And with Christmas right in the middle of the 2 months...it doesn't bode well.

16. Mushroom

Nothing of note. Due to the weather and the current season, there has been a lack of sparring partners and training teams. So lots of self training.

More of the same that can be read previously here on the thread, I havent really broken any barriers in regards to weights.. (except Deadlifts...up to 100kgs on that now)

I'm doing the Ronin training where I have friends in different camps/teams and training with them. One in particular, recently coming off a long MMA camp in Belgium and a good weight class or 2 above me.

Nearly got KO'd as well, a vid of me sparring in boxing will be up shortly. However only in the 3rd round when we're both tired. Which is quite funny as in the 1st I was moving my head like a demon. Ducking, bobbing and weaving all the punches but still having difficulty getting in the pocket, due to my sparring partner being freakishly strong and a bit quick.

Hopefully a more scheduled and intense training camp to come soon...

17. Mushroom

Well I've done my back in.

Its been aching ever so slightly past couple of weeks. I chalked it up to the usual aches and pains I have.
    But then suddenly it froze up while I was doing squats, was warming up with just the oly (20kg) bar on my shoulders.

Obviously another kink in the training camp...lots of funny looking stretches to keep it loose.

still got me in a moody mood though.

18. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

That sucks! Speaking as someone who ignored her back issue for too long, I really recommend going to see someone about it, sooner rather than later.

19. Mushroom

I shall be going to my local quack *ahem* GP. Theres no swelling or bulge and its all in the lower back. Gets better as it warms up... the winter and a broken boiler with no heating not helping it.

Maybe I just need a nice swedish massage...anyone wanna earn extra money ? :evil:

Fingers crossed though

20. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter