moving to keele (near stoke-on-trent), looking for WMA schooling

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by Ghoul, May 21, 2005.

1. Ghoul

Ghoul your newest role model

hello western martial arts people, i was wondering if any of you could help me, i have been trying to find a place to learn western martial arts of some kind in stoke-on-trent area. you see i am hopeing to go to keele university in september, and have been looking for martial arts school in the area, but gradually, the more time i spend training and learning martial arts, the more i want to learn western martial arts. and help finding a teacher would be greatly appretiated

2. Rob Lovett

Rob Lovett Valued Member

3. Ghoul

unfortunatly i had already found that site, and none of those schools are anywhere near where i would be, but thankyou for the quick reply.

4. Diamond Dave

Diamond Dave Valued Member

near Stoke on trent

Call Impact Martial Arts Academy,Tunstall ,Stoke on Trent. :)

5. Ghoul

yes, the Impact Martial Arts Academy does look impressave and i do intend to be checking it out when i go there, but i was under the impression that it was not a western martial arts type thing. and i was hoping to get feedback more focused on western martial arts in the area, though having looked for a while now, it would seem that there is nothing of that ilk in the area.

6. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

Hey Ghoul, I mentioned Impact a while ago when you enquired about martial arts in general in Stoke on Trent, an excellent club with first class instruction, I dont think that you will find better in Stoke on Trent. I first trained in Stoke on Trent in 1980 and I have never heard of any western type martial arts in Staffordshire.

Last edited: May 22, 2005
  7. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

A tip from someone living miles away from any WMA-school: Start up one yourself! Attend some WMA-seminars, get to know people, find out exactly what you want to focus on, start training the basics (based on manuals available on the net, etc) Try to move slowly, find webinstructors that can help you with problems interpeting the manual you decide to study, try to recruit friends, pay someone to come to your place and hold a beginners course for you!

One of the nicest things about (most) WMA's is the total lack of hierarchy and rigid codes of testing, approving and gradation.

8. Rob Lovett

Rob Lovett Valued Member

If you do intend going this route then please contact the BFHS, we are here to help, and with the cross section of members we have we can help with more or less all the time periods and styles across the board.

Regards
    Rob

9. HCninjas

HCninjas New Member

Psss... can you guys please please check out my thread in the mixed martial arts section (lovely lovely stoke) cheers :), and anyone tried the ren bu kai system in stoke and crewe (grappling)?

10. Louie

Louie STUNT DAD Supporter