Movies you enjoyed, but would never recommend

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Donn1e, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Donn1e

Donn1e New Member

Have you watched a good movie, but you don't think anyone else would appreciate it? Here's somewhere to share that.

I'll go first.

in 1998, there was PI

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo18VIoR2xU"]Pi - 1998 - Trailer[/ame]

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Do you mean our guilty pleasures? If so, I have several (read as: most of my DVD collection). Here are just a few:

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Movie.

Guyver: Dark Hero.

3 Ninjas (watched this again today!).

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

Gorgeous.

Thing is, there are plenty more titles that I enjoy(ed) more than the above which were universally panned by the critics BUT I would definitely recommend them. Battle Los Angeles is one such example.

3. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Absolutely LOVED "Dark Hero", and to a lesser extent, its predecessor "Mutronics the Movie", though admittedly, I never have recommended either Films to another single solitary individual! :D

Travess

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Dark Hero's action choreography remains some of my favourite even to this day. It was the film that made me want to get into stunt work some day. Glad to find another fan! You ever watch the animes?

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I think The Raid was one of the greatest films ever made. Not sure I'd recommend other people take time out of their lives to watch it though.

National Security would be another one, as would Wild Hogs. And maybe Alpha and Omega.

6. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

This move "The Man from Earth" may upset some christian. He was not once a caveman, he was also ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVMhEAI3pvg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVMhEAI3pvg[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Count me as another fan.

8. Boardeaux

Boardeaux Valued Member

Little Miss Sunshine

The scene at the end had me laughing so much I nearly pulled a muscle.

Couldn't recommend it though because the film isn't that great so I don't think anyone would stick it out to the end. Plus the title makes it sound crap

9. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I personally enjoyed that movie.

I'm not sure what the OP exactly means by others not appreciating. But if it's guilty pleasures, then I would count a lot of action movies, Fast and Furious series here and there and a few others.

10. Travess

For all my Sins I only ever half watch watched the Anime series (read: Had it on in the background, but not really afford it the attention it deserved) as I pretty much missed the Anime enthusiasm boat (with the exception of "Ninja Scroll", which I still love to this Day)

Interesting point (to me at least) the Lead actor in "Dark Hero" (David Hayter) actually penned the scripts for "X-Men 1 & 2" / "Scorpion King" and "The Watchmen" - Wonder if he ever tried to tout a script for abig budget version of "Guyver"...?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go dust off my old VHS player, for a late night "Mutronics" / "Dark Hero" Marathon...

Travess

11. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

King of the kickboxers, so funny yet so serious.

Baza

12. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Hayter was also the voice of Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid.

There are a ton of anime I really enjoyed, Ninja Scroll among them. Others include Gunsmith Cats, Patlabor and Appleseed. Y'know, anime is a guilty pleasure as a whole that I don't often recommend to other people. Most tend to roll their eyes and question why I like watching "cartoons". I don't think there has been a decent anime in years. You mention the 'A' word these days and the best anyone comes up with is bloody Naruto. :(

13. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Anything by Don 'the dragon' Wilson
    Incredibly crummy acting, kungfu boom style choreography, cheesy scripts...

But some 1980's lass usually gets her norks out! :eek::evil:

14. Rhythmkiller

Billy Blanks is usually good for a cheese fest also lol

Baza

15. EdScissorhands

EdScissorhands New Member

Anything with 'the Rock' in it - except 'Pain and Gain', which I would recommend to some.

16. Rhythmkiller

Life of Pi,

Terrible movie i only enjoyed on my 3dtv. Wouldn't recommend it.

Baza

17. EdScissorhands

EdScissorhands New Member

Agreed - I've seen it 5 times though :D

18. Travess

After 1st watching the Trailer, I couldn't even recommend that one to myself!

Travess

19. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Guyver Dark Hero is amazing!
    Alpha stunt team for the win...for more of their work. Mark Dacascos' Drive. (I also found that quite a bit of the team also worked on The Raid)

I'm a film freak and I watch plenty of rubbish, if I enjoyed a movie, regardless of terrible or not... I'll recommend it.
    On that note..

Bring it on (Eliza Dushku)

20. Rhythmkiller

Any of the Resident Evil movies. All of them equally terrible, i enjoyed them but couldn't possibly recommend them.

Baza