movies that move you

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Bahng Uh Ki

Bahng Uh Ki Valued Member

Hmmm. Would have to see it again. But there are so many other movies! <checking movie schedule>

2. ember

ember Valued Member

I guess so. All right, so I'm a Buffy fan. There's several of those that moved me. One episode in particular is "Anne", it's close to the first show of the second season.

3. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Speaking of Buffy I quite liked the episode where she came home and found her mum dead. She wasn't killed by a monster or supernatural means or as a part of some sinister cult but of a brain aneurysm.

That was pretty "wow". The life that Buffy and her friends lead and for that to happen... No one to blame, no one to seek revenge on...

4. ember

ember Valued Member

That was another good episode. One of those "sometimes bad things just happen, even if you're the Slayer" things.

5. inokichi

inokichi Murse

The episode with Fry's dog gets me everytime. Especially the ending where you see him faithfully waiting for Fry at the end of the episode. Man...:(

6. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

yeah, that was a sad ending :cry:

7. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I cried like a girl in the final episode of season 5 when she died. Yes, I can admit that
    There's a big part of me that thinks that the series would've been best if they'd ended there

8. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Films that made me cry......... :cry:

Lorenzo's oil
    Lord of the rings
    A little princess (For some odd reason)
    Gordy
    Turly Madly Deeply

Films that made me angry! :bang:

Harry potter and the goblet of fire (No house elves)
    A series of unfortunate events (Not right!!!)

Films that made me laugh. :D

Killer klowns from outer space
    Motel hell
    Attack of the killer tomatoes
    UltraViolet

I could go on forever........ :rolleyes:

9. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

:cry:

Poor doggie

10. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

The second one sounds like a hoot, though the first one I'm wary of..spooky.

11. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Yeah, I have to admit I was massively disappointed by the ending of series 7 and the build up to it with the magical ax that looked it was made by Fisher Price. Still, series 8 starts soon, in the comic books, written by the man himself Joss Whedon.

Last night I cried with laughter at "Howard and kumar Get the Munchies", a cinematic classic if ever there was one... :D

12. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I'm hoping to catch that soon as well as Borat!

Funny films that shook my belly.

40 year old Virgin

Road Trip

Animal House.

Too many more to think of. Another that moved me - City of God. One of my all time favourite films - simply awesome tale of life in Rio.

13. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Amores Perros - or Love's a Bitch is an incredible film.
    Not sure if I mentioned Tony Takitani (Its on Film4 this week)
    and Paha Maas (Frozen Land) a Finnish film is really grim but has stayed with me.

14. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I'd second Life is Beautiful, it really is a moving film.

My Sassy Girl definately affected me too, although that may have had more to do with what was happening in my life when I saw it.

15. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Advent Children almost moved me to tears...

16. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Seconded!! great movie.

17. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

One of the most moving films i have ever seen has gotta be "rocky"
    its such a powerfull peice of cinema.
    rocky gets taken th emickey out of throughout (no pn intended) every one thinks hes a no hoper and when it comes to his big shot hes terrified of looking like a fool.
    rocky balboa gets a bit sad when paulie adnits he treated adrian like ****

18. inokichi

inokichi Murse

Thirded! I absolutely love this film.

19. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Two have already been said, but Schindler's List and The Pianist definitely get me going. Theres also an episode of Band of Brothers called "Why We Fight" (Episode 9) when they go into a work camp. You can see how affected the men are, even after they have survived the worst of the Battle of the Bulge.

You might be able to tell that stuff about the Holocaust are close to me.

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

21 Grams, also by Alejandro González Iñárritu is a good film, though not as good as Amores Perros.

The Pianist was very harrowing indeed, and stayed with me for a long time.

I keep accidentally getting melancholy films to watch at the moment,can't beat them though.