movies that disturb you....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Su lin, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ooooh yeah the Judderman! I really liked the look of the advert though.

Allthough the Moomins were my favourite thing,parts of that disturbed me,and still do,as it could be quite dark in places.
    Those Scandinavians! :rolleyes:

2. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

"Requiem for a Dream" was quite disturbing.. especially the heroin guys arm.. :rolleyes:

3. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

american history x

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Canninbalism movies.

They freak me out. Zombie moveis I can deal with. But when it comes to like Canninbal Holocaust or something like that....just can't do it.

Lived in a kitchen most of my life....and although I cant cook I know the tribes in the movies need more Oregano and cracked black pepper.

5. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

You're kidding, right?

6. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

I'm still young!

I thought it was a book or something.

7. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

LOL.. I was eating a foot long subway when I first saw Canibal Holacaust.. I thought I needed some oreagano and cracked balck pepper too.. :D

8. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Films that have left a huge mark on me but I also think are fantastic films:
    -Hotel Rwanda
    -Shooting Dogs

both about the genocide of 800,000 Tutsi's within months in 1994 by the Hutu's armed with machete's and spiked clubs, shooting dogs being the more disturbing film as you see a mother and her baby chopped up by machete from the Hutu's

it being based on real events, and that nothing was done by the UN apart from to pull out is the most disturbing part, along with that it was never reported on the news at the time. :cry:

that film I also found disturbing!

maybe on a lesser disturbing note - the guy who played pinhead from Hellraiser is now in a directline advert as a sports teacher. :eek:

9. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

Never knew The Exorcist was R18+, Maybe that's the age to find out the truth?

10. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

I haven't seen it all, but I've some scenes from Deliverance....

11. Dr NinjaBellydance

Pssshh.....the youth of today! ;)
    1973, Academy and Golden Globe Award winner, Linda Blair, Mike Oldfield's 'Tubular Bells', banned from video release in the UK until 1999?! How many references in popular culture over the last 30 years have you been oblivious to?!
    Actually, hang on, you're still too young to watch it! :eek:
    Here it is anyway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exorcist_(film)
    You are right, it is based on a book. Which you arent too young to read! ;)

12. Dr NinjaBellydance

LOL, that's so weird, I cant tell you the number of people I know who say the same thing!

13. Cannibal Bob

Cannibal Bob Non Timetis Messor

I call them documentaries. ;)

See the Sea is the only movie that has disturbed me to the point that after seeing it I now refuse to watch it at all.

The Ring creeped me out the first time I watched it, and I nearly pooped myself when, just as I finished watching it, my phone rang. However, I love that movie, so it didn't disturbe me as such.

Hana-bi and Violent Cop, both by Takeshi Kitano, left me with a slightly OMG feeling, although I LOVE his other work, especially Zatoichi.

BloodRayne sucked so badly that I was disturbed I wasted the $7 to rent it.

Finally, I'm pretty sure I had a nightmare about Pizza the Hut from Spaceballs when I was really young.

14. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

More recently, Jarhead is a pretty disturbing look at soldier culture.

15. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Anything that is in the horror genre. My mind dwells on it forever, so, yeah, kinda disturbs me....

16. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Jarhead is a cake walk into reality.

Check out American Soldiers: A day in Iraq, bad acting but as movies go that is somewhat close to what things are like.

17. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

I just watched Jesus Camp last night and found it very disturbing.

18. AhmedG

AhmedG New Member

visitor q by takashi miike

19. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

" Faces of Death"

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

The Exorcist didnt disturb me but your avatar is really disturbing me G!!!! :eek: