Most hated dojo exercise

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Llamageddon, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Know what you mean. Doing planks (as I now know the name!) if you don't smile, it's another few mins. If you do smile its another few mins, because you're obviously enjoying it too much...

2. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Lol, Catch-22!

3. Llamageddon

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that to keep up with the class you have to train doubly as hard outside the class? :rolleyes:

4. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

yep, but outside training didn't help last night. We did over and unders (leapfrog where you go under the legs afterwards) I'm smallest in the adult class, paired with the biggest. That tired me out so much I couldn't hardly do the basic fitness test after.

5. Llamageddon

Bloody overs and unders! I still have scars on my feet from the friction burns

6. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

I don't mind sitting in seiza for a bit, but after a while the blood supply to my legs runs short so I get dead legs. Not such a good thing when you have to perform a kata to the class after getting up.

7. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Yes, don't we all hate them, I had my head to close to the floor and someone vaulted over me. They were twice my size so I smashed my forehead on the floor.

8. Llamageddon

lol, before my girlfriend and I started seeing each other, that was one of the things we had to do in class. She was mortified. And to this day, she still lands on my head.

9. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Lol, when we do throws I always end up landing on top of someone.

10. Bridge

Bridge Valued Member

Awgh, that is sooo romantic!

Reminds me of when I first met my other half (Rob). We were doing kihon kumite practice, he walked straight into my gyaku zuki and doubled over winded. He insists to this day I punched him too hard!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  11. Rhea

funny, I met my other half when we were partnered together at a charity throwing marathon, he kept demoing the nasty stuff on me!

12. Llamageddon

That's the other thing: we were doing an open day at our uni for the club, and so I thought I'd demo some conditioning etc. Got in to kiba dachi and told her to punch me. Wallop, right in the solar plexus. I'm still adamant it was because I wasn't ready for it, that I keeled over...

13. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Bridge, did you meet Rob at Karate?

14. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Hold on- I hear bunny hops being mentioned a while back. Aren't they bad for your knees?

15. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Probably, I hate bunny hops. I think a few are okay, but being made to bunny hop round the entire hall is horrible.

16. Rhea

apparently they are bad for you, that's why we do the duck walk. Probably just as bad for you

17. Bridge

Bridge Valued Member

Yes, not at Seiki Juku though. We were both freshers at Nottingham training under Andy Roosen/Kissaki Kai at the time.

18. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Cool, I havn't seen you around for a while either, where have ya been?!

19. Bridge

Bridge Valued Member

Maidenhead Wednesdays mostly.

But, I need to rearrange my week to allow for more training!

20. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Ahhhh, that's why I haven't seen you in ages.